Michael797*

Just Jen*

Suki1*

Keen but not yet booked

K-REBat

Ursula

Midnight_man

@Helen /Chemie - are you coming?

I cannot cycle so shall be tramming and walking with Jen  :)  Drunk Gracelet on a bicycle is just a recipe for disaster.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Just wanted to say I am still planning to attend this but I won't be able to book anything until nearer the time. I've no idea what is going to happen with my work between now and then, plus I have to make a trip tp the US at some point this summer. I am however really keen on coming so I aim to move around, makes excuses as needed nearer the time to make sure I'm there. I imagine I'll still be able to get a flight, it might just mean I have to get booked into to some weird fleapit hotel five miles out of the city.

Way to go Grace!! Are you coming the 16th or the 17th? I think you and Just Jen will probably get arrested for endangering the Amsterdam traffic riding a bike ;-))

Midnight_man, hope it works out for you too!

I'm looking into some things to do fe:a guided walking tour in De Jordaan. Also looked at tickets for The Anne Frankhouse, if you want to go there it's a long wait outside, but I could get tickets for entering fast on a fixed time. I guess we all talk about that later?

Snicker. I'd cause a traffic accident, to be sure!

A walking tour would be cool. I agree, if we want to do the Anne Frank house, we need to make advance reservations-- every site I've seen has warned about the horrific lines. I'm open to anything anyone wants to do. :)

I'm coming on the 17th and leaving 19th.  I'll try and get a morning flight out of London.

Things I think should be on our list:

Anne Frank house

walking tour

karaoke one night

after dinner dancing the other night

coffee shop (whether or not people participate is up to you)

Heineken brewery beer tasting thing

Since there's going to be quite a number of us, maybe we can look into making reservations for the Friday and Saturday night somewhere nice with good reviews (not mega expensive though).  I HATE chain restaurants.  Injo, could you help with that closer to the time and do the whole speaking in Dutch thing?!

Hurrah!  Updated list for Wids on Weed  ;)

Confirmed (*= staying at the Wyndham)

Grace*

Boy Widower*

Injo*

Tweety76*

Aicha*

Michael797*

Just Jen*

Suki1*

Wnella

Keen but not yet booked:

K-REBat

Ursula

Midnight_man

New Amsterdam wid (K-REBat friend)

I booked and am also staying at the Wyndham for 3 nights, I have booked a twin room and there is just me so if anyone is struggling because of the cost they can share with me.

Flying on the Thursday and arriving about 5pm then flying home the Sunday afternoon at 5.30pm.

Looking forward to meeting you all.  8)

Wids on Weed now stands as follows:

Grace*

Boy Widower*

Injo*

Tweety76*

Aicha*

Michael797*

Just Jen*

Suki1*

Wnella

Helen*

Keen but not yet booked:

K-REBat

Ursula

Midnight_man

This is actually going to be epic. I can't wait to meet you all! Helen will make sure I behave ;-)

HOOORRAYYY; I made it into this new and wonderful board, you are all here and

I have booked my flight and room and I am  so excited!!!!!!

I will have to find a babysitter still, but I can't believe I will be meeting all you wonderful people soon ,

grrrrreat. And some of my favourite oversears are coming too, wonderful .

Thanks for picking a hotel, I got a room,

will arrive on Saturday as working on Friday , staying until Monday.

hugs and smooches to all of you

P:S: hope I make it to the cycling, WWOW  weedy wids on wheels

not that I like the stuff, but I can cycle...

And it's official, since I'm looking at a confirmation from Aer Lingus: Michael and I ARE GOING!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D

We'll get there Friday afternoon. Because of timing issues, we actually don't leave till Mon. Woohoo!!!

Wonderful, can't wait to meet you in the flesh dear woman!!

and obviosly the boss too  ;)

We're totes going to give the US Bagos a run for their money ;-)

Glad you can make it, Ursula!

Grace*

Boy Widower*

Injo*

Tweety76*

Aicha*

Michael797*

Just Jen*

Suki1*

Wnella

Helen*

Ursula*

Keen but not yet booked:

K-REBat

Midnight_man

I must quit looking at this thread. I came dangerously close to booking this afternoon. As much as I am "keen" (sorry but this jackass yank finds the term amusing  ;D ) on making this bago, I must save my funds to get my ass back to Ireland with some of Big Guys ashes.

Dudes,

I've begun affirming to the universe, as I've started telling people at work of my plans to travel to Amsterdam this summer.  Affirming to the universe that I will see you there.

--K

Jealous!!!!! I know you have forgone many a local bago for work!!! Glad you get to go!!!

Lmsmdm, maybe you could make a combinationtrip to Ireland and Holland? It's only a few hours flying from Dublin to Amsterdam. Not trying tp push you here, just wishing you could make it too!!

K-REBat, great news, join the WOWclub!

I'm in Madrid just now and it's making me super excited about Amsterdam with all of you! I love city breaks. We can meander the streets, pop into places for coffee and beer, justifiably drink 8 beers a day because it's holiday and buy local wares because euros are like Monopoly money and splurging doesn't count!

Must remember that comfort comes before fashion with footwear though.

On the other hand, I hope you've got dancing shoes at the ready! I haven't been able to go out to experience the nightlife properly because I'm with my mother. This must not happen in Amsterdam.

• 3 weeks later...