Fleetwood Mac Concert

Mac

I've been thinking about Cindy a lot the last couple of days. Reminiscing and smiling, remembering so many great memories. I went to the Fleetwood Mac concert tonight. I'm certain that for many of you here, some of their songs have taken on a whole new meaning, as they have for me.

I've seen them twice before. The last time was two years ago, here in Denver. Christine McVie wasn't touring with them then.

The first time that I saw them was at my college in 1976. They played in our small gym. Cindy was there too. I helped the roadies set things up. I'm sitting here thinking about the times that we sang their songs together.

16799975837_ebb62c819b_z.jpg

172315325_2a8f9face0_z.jpg?zz=1

Good memories, Mac.  I saw Fleetwood Mac in Ft. Lauderdale in the mid 80's - Lindsey wasn't with them then, instead replaced by 2 guitarists.  This was one of my husband's favorite bands, we had a collection of most of their music and played it all of the time. 

How cool to have the opportunity to help the roadies! 

My daughter and I got to see them for the first time in Louisville, back in February. Terrific show and they played for a solid 2.5 hours!

My wife was a big fan, and so is DD. It was both very moving and very healing, especially for my daughter. They closed with "Songbird" - just Christine on piano and Lindsey on acoustic guitar, and she couldn't hold back the tears. Marsha had never seen them in concert, either, and it felt like she was there with us.

New Guy and I got to see them in concert, right before Christmas. It was somewhat bittersweet, because my Kenneth really liked them, too, and though I had a wonderful time, it felt strange being there with someone other than Kenneth.

Rumors is still one of the best albums ever made. Stevie Nicks is my patronus.

'Rumors' is the first LP (dating myself - yes, it was vinyl) I bought for myself -- almost wore it out.

'Rooms on Fire' is one of the best songs ever -- thanks for the reminder... humming along now :)

Guest Lost35

Fleetwood Mac was our dinner music.  Every night.  We actually wore out the CD.  :)

I love them, but still can't listen to their music.  Just reading this, I hear a few familiar beats and really wish I could listen all the way through without feeling sad about it.  Maybe this new house needs introduced...

Love the photos.

-L.