Pretty good day!!

It has been 5.5 weeks since E passed away.  I was kind of dreading this day (Easter) as this is the first "holiday" without him. 

I spent the day, as we would usually do with his family.  I was actually very comforted being with them all day. 

I brought Magic cards (a card game played by my hubby and BIL) and OLD baseball cards to their house.  It was FANTASTIC to watch 2 of my BIL and nephew sit on the floor and go through each card.  My on BIL mentioned how one of the boxes had numbers on the lid and that was their system of marking which cards of the set they were missing. 

My nieces and nephew searched for eggs, we had brunch and dinner.  It was like E was right there with us.  He was never in the craziness of the family, but always hanging with the kids discussing what ever was on their minds.  We talked about E and I could see him rolling his eyes at us every minute discussing how he played the sax in high school and how he related with his youngest brother through the card game Magic and online gaming.

It was very comforting being with his family and knowing everyone there was in essentially the same boat as I was.  They laughed and commented like he was standing right there. 

I will probably emotionally crash tomorrow but I have to say,  today was a pretty good day. 

Happy Easter!

Sandy - E's wife

Its wonderful that you had a great day!

Holidays are hard sometimes, but honestly for me, not much harder than any other day..

Don't worry about crashing after this, just take the good days when you can!

Hugs and happy Easter to you too!

I'll echo the great advice above that you should take good days when you get them.  At first, I found it very hard to not feel guilty about having a good day once in a while, and it did take a little getting used to; the stress of feeling good could be as bad as the stress of feeling awful.  Sadly, the good days don't last forever; there's always a rather unpleasant crash back down to reality.  No idea when that'll stop happening, but at almost three months out, I'm not even close.

I am so glad that you had a good day, and I hope that you will have many more in the near future. Like the others said, this journey is filled with more than its share of bad days, so enjoy any good day that you can and hold onto it. Early on, I found those few good days gave me hope for other good days to come. That hope helped me to endure some of the bad days. At just over a year out, I am finding that the good days continue to increase. I hope the same will be true for you.

Well, the emotional crash happened Monday morning at work.  I was utterly useless for 2.5 hours. 

Luckly, I have a fantastic sister who let me unload on her, awsome co workers that let me just be...

I was able to pull it together and focus for the afternoon. 

thanks for the online support!

Sandy - E's wife.

Sandy, I am sorry you had a bad day after a good day. But your family sounds pretty amazing, I am glad you have the support you need. The way you described your family gathering is beautiful and will help you in this weird and horrible time.

Crashes at the office happen to me all the time. Less frequently now, but they do. Colleagues at work also get used to it and you know soon whom you can bother and who may have a word of inspiration or a hug when you need it.