Meh

Riggers

everything is just always so "meh" for me. IDK. I finally found a guy I liked but we live so far apart and I'm just not willing to uproot my life at all to travel and meet/see him. He is too busy to come my way, so I guess that's it. Then I joined match.com. It's whatever. I'm not excited or hopeful or anything. I start talking to another widow that's like 3 hrs away. (not too bad in Texas distance). I know I over-analyze everything but I mentioned something I was going to do and he was like.... "So much I wanted to do. I still can"

I didn't bring up anything about it. But it keeps speaking to me.... there is so much I wanted to do and I'm not sure if I still can. I keep trying, but are they pipe dreams or can they be a reality? Ugh

Riggers, You'll make a reality out of anything that is important to you. 

Don't feel so "meh" about the guy thing, long distance thing.  If it's just "meh", then he's not the one.  When you meet the right guy, you'll do so much to be together, it'll be a team effort thing, and he'd never be "too busy" to see you.

Try not to worry so much about everything you still want to accomplish.  It'll come in due time, focus on today first.  Those steps are what will take you to tomorrow, and the next day.

Don't feel so "meh" about the guy thing, long distance thing.  If it's just "meh", then he's not the one.  When you meet the right guy, you'll do so much to be together, it'll be a team effort thing, and he'd never be "too busy" to see you.

^ This.

I am currently in long-distance relationship with another wid that I met on YWBB. When we realized that we "clicked", distance was never considered by either one of us - we knew that we would formulate a plan to bridge 1,800 miles and be together. It's not easy knowing that we are so far apart physically and separated by time zones, but we are in love and making it work because we know that each other is the "one" for us. Currently counting down the 18 days to see her again...

Hang in there Riggers! When he's the right one, you will know.

I agree.  I've said this on other posts, but this might be a "it's not me, it's you" thing.  I met a guy that was logically, rationally NOT the one for me (and vice versa), including the fact that he lived far away (but that wasn't even the biggest challenge).  But it didn't matter.  And now we live together.  For me personally, I had to feel alive myself again before I was ready to engage with men.  I had to feel excited and interested in things in general.  I traveled, I took classes, I started to love life again.  And only then could I not feel "meh" about men.  (Looking back, I feel bad for the one man I started seeing before I was ready.)

It's either not the right guy or not the right the time for you if you are feeling "meh".  I found the right guy at the wrong time and we have both been working through so many obstacles because it feels right.  With a "just meh" guy I wouldn't have put up with half the obstacles for more than a few weeks.

I agree with Mizpah, it's better to start loving life and felling alive first so you are open to a relationship and attract the type of man that will be attractive to you.  If you are feeling "meh" then that's what you will attract.

Guest Mel4072

I agree with Mitzpah. I didn't make myself available for a long time, even though I was dating. Once I re entered life with heart, it changed. You will know when you are ready, and the time is right. I literally had to recreate myself following his death.