we really need this

MrsDan

I put in an offer on a house tonight, but there's another offer in. I really hope mine gets accepted. I'm so sick on asking so much of my BIL and this house is perfect. I told my realtor to play the widow card, is that gross?

I would feel no shame at this at all. I made sure my realtor was well aware I was a widow. Whether or not that information was used I will never know, but I put it out there for sure.

I told my realtor to play the widow card, is that gross?

deck-of-cards.jpg

As the saying goes -

"We have to play the hand we are dealt."

The "widow card" is part of the deck! ;)

Good luck!

ATJ

My offer was accepted. I'm a little freaked out about the price, but I think its a good house for us. Nice neighborhood, big yard for the dogs. It's a bilevel and you can see the living and family room from the kitchen so I can see what everybody's up to all the time. Attached garage. 30 minutes from work. It's a great house for our life now. I hate that I need this, a house that makes taking care of them by myself easier. But I do. So thank you for all the positive thoughts.

Guest nonesuch

it's wasn't "playing the widow card" really, only kinda.

When we purchased this house, the realtor asked us what particularly drew us to the house, so she could put that in the offer and perhaps give the seller a warm fuzzy feeling about selling to us.  I thought that sort of thing was standard operating procedure.

When my neighbors in the old location sold their home, they discouraged offers from people they thought would not be a good fit for the neighborhood, or who they thought wouldn't appreciate their home, and be happy there.

congrats.