One of the things I miss most

PhotoJunkie

I miss discussing the taboo topics, not having to sensor anything, grocery shopping, watching sports together.  He is from Cleveland so it breaks my heart he was never able to see them win a championship!  I keep saying "watch, now the Cavs will win the championship and the Browns will make the playoffs" because let's face it, if the Browns make it to the playoffs it's almost like Cleveland winning a championship hahaha! Oh yeah, and our banter since we cheered for different football teams.  It's going to be hard this season!

Guest TooSoon

My husband was bonkers.  He said THE most inappropriate things, like in front of my parents'  friends and plastered all over Facebook, but always in the most congenial way.  Everyone laughed and everyone loved him.  Somehow he always got away with it!  I miss his aliveness.  He was such a vibrant, glowing presence and I loved how much he adored our daughter; he was so grateful to be a father.  It was so touching.  I loved just watching them together.  It still makes me smile.

I miss having a companion.......

I don't have anyone to go to the cinema with, walk my dogs with, go to concerts with, go on trips away with, even talk to after a day at work

All my friends are mainly with their partners and kids, so feeling like I live a pretty lonely existence right now.  I am with my dogs most of the time, I talk to them about everything and they are always there to give me a cuddle

I miss having the one person who loves my kids as much as I do.  No one else can really celebrate the milestones and accomplishments with me or share the worry with me or talk out parenting decisions with me. He was the only one with the same level of emotional investment in them. Our values were the same but our approach was so different and we are all missing that.  He was blunt, direct, say it like it is and get the job the done.  He was the Yin to my Yang.  I hate going through this life without my partner.

I could have written the same post, Trying.  It's so hard being the only one invested in our kids.  In the end, we're the only one's who see our kids day in and day out and know who they really are!  It's been over eight years and as time goes on, that's my biggest thing that I MISS MOST.  My daughter leaves for college in a couple of weeks...this thing about being responsible for every single decision, making every single phone call, dotting every I and crossing every T...it's just overwhelming.

I just read through this whole thread ... thinking about all I miss.

Theres a lot....the handyman abilities.....the affectionate partner.....the lively adventurer ......the personal supporter.

But the last two post bring out what I miss the most.

I miss my coparent.....It's such a huge responsibility.

I know my dh and I  were slightly different in our raising the kids philosophy. He was more strict, more demanding...I was more of a pushover. But between us we struck a good balance.

Now it is just me...... and I second guess myself all the time. They are such a prescious gift and I don't want to screw them up.

Helping my youngest figure out his life plans as he heads off to university this fall would have been so much easier if there was another parent here.

so I miss my coparent

• 10 months later...

It's amazing this thread is here!

The single thing I miss the most is someone being there for better and for worse. Someone who doesn't run away when things get hard and who doesn't leave you once you get back on your feet because you can now do without them again and they have a kazillion other things that are more important than you. I miss his hand on my arm when he whispers my name with such love and tenderness that the world stops for a second. I miss curling up in his arms and crying my heart out or just talking for hours. I miss him running after me in the forest, catching me and swirling me around. When he held me I could for once think everything might end up ok. Now, when I feel alone or when the sadness wears me down I try to remember his arms and I try to convince myself that it will get better, that it will be ok. But yes, I miss someone who has me on the top of its priority list, I miss being together.