Quick Update from us

PhotoJunkie

Tonight I got confirmation that I am now able to have my daughter on all my days off and she will stay with my sister on the three nights a week I work  As many of you know this was a huge issue when I moved here at the end of May.  Id be lying if I said this was the end of it and I was relieved but Im still not 100% there won't be more issues; However I feel I am getting closer and closer to solving everything.  As much as it hurt to have to constantly ask permission to spend time with my daughter, I did.  I just asked every single time I had a free day :)  I went by their rules and in the end got what I needed/wanted anyway.  I just had to be patient (and man was that ever difficult)

That being said, I have been working to get an alternative to having my sister and BIL watch my daughter.  I have put an offer in on a house.  It is right across from the high school my daughter attends and the basement is finished with a small kitchen, full bedroom and full bathroom.  We are hoping to find a college student willing to stay with us rent free in exchange for supervising the girl on the three days I work a week.  But that is jumping ahead.  Nothing is a done deal till the paperwork is signed and the key is in my hand.  only one more move to go :P  October 8th is the official date for closing but they are aiming for the end of september. 

I am working at a hospital three nights a week.  The schedule has been insane for orientation and all the classes I have to attend.  I am coming up on the end of that this month.  I think I will be okay in this new job.  Much better than the last one for sure.  Many days i still feel like a brand new nurse as I am new to hospital procedures etc.  But I think this will be good all the way around for all of us.

Sorry I haven't been around much, I really hope by the end of September I settle into a more stable routine instead of having to follow multiple trainer schedules.  Thanks for all the encouragement you guys have given over the last few years with regards to my daughter and myself.  If it wasn't for you guys, we wouldn't be here getting back on track with each other. 

Such great news about your time with your daughter and the house!  You are a remarkably strong woman.  Most of us say that we put our children's needs ahead of our own but the extreme lengths of personal and emotional upset you have chosen for the good of your daughter is remarkable.  No doubt you will have more bumps ahead, that's just life, but I also have no doubt that you will do what you need to do to jump over them or go around them.