Young Widow Forum

Register to view blogs.

allan

Song's that bring a tear.

Cold Is The Night by The Oh Hellos.

This is a great one, Leadfeather. They're wonderful but this song in particular.

See You On The Other Side -Ozzy Osbourne and You Make Me Feel Brand New -Stylistics

Jason Isbell "If We Were Vampires"

It's knowing that this can't go on forever

Likely one of us will have to spend some days alone

Maybe we'll get forty years together

But one day I'll be gone

Or one day you'll be gone

• Like 1

This song has been in my head all month- last week was 6 years and the memorial service for a man my husband and I were friends with. I kinda feel like they’ve both been singing it to me: 

• Like 1

Rush, 'Ghost Of A Chance".  It's the closest that Rush will ever get to a love song😊  Neil Peart, the drummer for Rush, wrote this song for the 1992 Roll The Bones album.  In 1997, Neil lost his teenage daughter in car accident and his wife to cancer ta few months later.  We've all experienced loss here.  Id' like to think that I have a ghost of a chance for love again.  Yes, I'm one of the few women on Earth who will admit to liking Rush🤣.

Oh dear, Rooshy...my brother played a lot of Rush in high school, but that voice just got on my last nerve! Sorry 😁

This is a bit convoluted, but stay with me, people... so, today I decided to bake some blue cornbread with lavender in it. (Highly recommend, bonus points if you throw in some thyme also.) anyway- this made me think of, and want to hear, a childhood favorite song sung by Burle Ives; Lavender Blue, Dilly Dilly. I am happily singing along in the kitchen when YouTube decides I need to listen to Puff The Magic Dragon next. Noooo!!! But it’s too late and I just can’t turn it off, I have to listen to the whole thing.

Took everything in me not to start bawling for poor ol’ lonely Puff...

On 9/15/2018 at 3:31 PM, Bunny said:

Oh dear, Rooshy...my brother played a lot of Rush in high school, but that voice just got on my last nerve! Sorry 😁

I agree with you Bunny - Geddy Lee's voice is an acquired taste!  I've never heard anyone ever say "I can't wait for the new Rush album.  Geddy Lee's got a great singing voice" or something to that effect.  His voice is actually better now than it was in the 70s.  Anyway, I just like the lyrics of their song above. DH died almost 8 years ago and I'd like to think that Mr #2 is still out there, that's all.  

• Like 1

Never love again from star is born. 

Edited by donswife
File was large