Thank you all for answered prayers

Portside

Whew! That was close.  :P

The good news: R.'s surgery yesterday was successful and did what it was suppose to do.

The not so good news: R. did not wake up as patients normally do with this type of surgery. It should have been a quick in and out and then home the same day. With all her other procedures, R has tolerated anesthesia well with no other complications. Not this time - for whatever reason, 1 hour after she left the OR she wasn't awake yet and the staff was starting to worry. Four hours later and with no change they were in a full panic. Her BP dropped off to a dangerously low measure and blood gases were in terrible shape, especially her O2 saturation. We moved her from the postop room to the ICU where she finally came to at 10pm. 

Long story short: she's home now with no apparent complications. Her surgeon and the chief anesthesiologist are baffled but thrilled she dodged a bullet.

She's up and around and feels good but can't understand why everyone was so freaked out. In her words: "Hey, I made it out through the front door - that's a win in my book." 

Mike

That is such great news.  I know many of us feel that a trip to the doctor or hospital always ends in tragedy.  I'm so glad to hear things went so well; your wife sounds like she has a great sense of  humor! :)