Yesterday was plain awful

Carey

I keep hearing the lyrics to that Annie song in my head.  Lets see, my cat died. inexplicably.  She was fine Sunday night.  My kids called me at work and said she wasn't acting "right" but they couldn't say what was wrong.  I told them to keep her in the house, keep her cool and make sure she drank till I could get home from work.  2 hours later she was dead.  Then, I get to John and Tammy's and cook dinner, my kids and I get in a fuss there over driving my truck and not putting gas in it, etc. and my daughter and I were fussing in the driveway. Next thing I know, their 3 month old PUPPY gets hit by a pickup pulling a hog trailer. My best friend is 6'2", 300 lbs and that puppy was his BABY.  He and I got in my truck to try to take the puppy to the vet to see if they could save him. We got halfway there and Jack Jack died in his arms and that big ol man cried like a baby ... and I wailed and cried for HOURS. I can't understand why that hurt me so bad, when my own dog died last year I wasn't that way. I wonder if it's because it was John's baby and John is my "person", or if it was just grief coming out or what.  THEN. We get back to their house, his daughter spills a bowl of cereal in her moms new laptop (like a week old?) and then Tammy comes in the room and says that her niece (my age) had been found seizing and then stopped breathing. Her husband performed CPR till help could arrive, she was airlifted to Greenville (better hospital, where all of our serious cases are taken). This lady's daughter is one of MY daughter's best friends.  We still don't know if she is going to make it or not.  She is still on life support and unresponsive.  Then this morning my brakes on my truck started grinding.  I have had it a year this month AND it had a brake job not long after I got it.  I'm just a wirly swirly ball of emotion this morning. I got here to work and just sat down and cried at my desk. I feel completely strung out. Was supposed to be taking the kids to Busch Gardens for a special trip this weekend and now with my truck messed up ... who knows. 

I don't pray much anymore. I still believe. I just don't believe He hears ME. So I really just came here to ask anyone that would to pray for the children who lost their pets yesterday, and that young mother holding on by a thread. My nerves and car troubles are a drop in the bucket.  Crystal's husband is a WRECK ... he'd be lost without her :(

I will gladly pray for the children and for your friend. I will also tack on a little prayer or two for you, and for the problems you are facing, as I know how hard it can be, when life continues to beat you down at every turn. (((Hugs)))

Hi Carey!

I can relate. Some days are just plain awful. But, even saying that, it sounds like your day was beyond plain awful. I'm so sorry for all the hurt, piled on more hurt and loss.

Sending the biggest hug I can manage over the Internet.

((((((((HUG))))))))

Donna

Thank you everyone. I still haven't heard any good updates on crystal. Yesterday, they were saying 50/50 on whether she would survive.  And they have to do even more testing for possible brain damage.  Monday just really really stunk all the way around.  I appreciate the prayers for her and if you will continue I would really appreciate it.  I can't help but wonder what kind of roulette game God is playing.  I guess that is something we will never know, why some go, some stay ...

She for all intents and purposes is brain dead. However, the brain stem, which controls involuntary functions like breathing, blinking, etc. is intact.  They removed all drugs and machines last Friday but her body still breathes on. It is tormenting her children and her husband. Other family members are angry because they think she was taken off support too  soon and not "allowed time to fight" ... I just don't know. Don't know what I believe, but if He was going to perform a miracle he doesn't need that stuff. I just wish if that was the plan He'd do it now, or take her now. Cause this limbo is living hell on so many :(