Feeling the wave of grief rolling in again

MissingSquish

I have so many things to be thankful for right now. So much about my life is finally coming together better than I could have ever dreamed was possible. But the intense memories, both good and bad from my relationship with Squish, are bubbling up to the surface.

So many things in my daily routine have been affected. Tonight, I was showering, and I thought back to when Squish used to shower and sang loudly and completely off key. When I'd sneak in the bathroom while he was doing it, he'd give me a sheepish grin.

I miss that deep intimacy with him. Where he'd give me butterflies so often. He was intoxicating.

But on the converse, I remember all of the times he overdosed and the deep, lasting pain of losing the man I loved over and over again.

Tight hugs as you ride this latest wave out.  You're in the middle of an exciting transition with your new job and I know for me, the good moments can bring the grief on as much as the bad ones.  He should be here to congratulate you and support and it just plain sucks that he's not.

Tight hugs as you ride this latest wave out.  You're in the middle of an exciting transition with your new job and I know for me, the good moments can bring the grief on as much as the bad ones.  He should be here to congratulate you and support and it just plain sucks that he's not.

This is when we need a like button.  I agree completely with what she said!  Breathe easy and keep moving forward.

Thank you guys so much. Trying, you hit the nail on the head. He SHOULD be here to celebrate and share in my success. The triggers for me now are the positive things in my life.

The negative stuff I have learned to cope and deal with in a way that doesn't make me miss him anymore.  I have been through the worst in my life already without him. 

Sorry MissingSquish....we are on similar timelines and I understand. You have a very positive attitude but went through such a loss. I personally want my grief to go away but it won't. I have also recently gone through those pangs of missing him and it's painful. I feel I am doing all the right things but I still really miss him and our married life. Lots of hugs and be good to yourself.

But on the converse, I remember all of the times he overdosed and the deep, lasting pain of losing the man I loved over and over again.

Ive struggled to find the words to express this exact thing. You say it perfectly. Those were the moments that kept me from leaving him though every thought I was nuts for staying. And I lost him over and over and over.  Hugs to you today my friend.