hard time

Carey

I have so much I want to say and then I sit down at the keyboard and words don't come.  im a mess. im in trouble and I know it but cant seem to do anything about it.  I thought I'd ask for prayers but I have pushed God away so much why would he listen now? November is killing me and I don't think the rest of the world got the memo that really just grief and misery were all I could handle so it threw many many many real world issues at me and I'm drowning. I'm just not ok.

I'm so sorry.

But don't give up on God.

A few quotes:

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."  James 1:12

"Father to the fatherless, defender of widows-this is God, whose dwelling is holy."  Psalms 68:5

And from Abraham Lincoln:

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go."

Peace to you,

~Catnip

I echo Catnips thoughts.  Even though I'm very angry at God these days.  I was pushing him away at times too.  But he revealed himself in other people as I was going through my own trials I hope this gives you comfort. I was gonna type it out but found this answer somewhere else and he put it more eloquently than I can.  If anything he wants you more than ever now.

First of all, God did not create death. Knowing that it was going to come about and creating it are two very different things. Man was created perfect, in God's image. Had there been no sin, no fall, Adam and Eve would still be alive today. (Of course it would be a radically different world, and everyone who thumbs me down thinking "overpopulation" simply doesn't understand that.)

Death is a consequence of man's actions (Genesis 3:19). Once God said "Don't eat of the tree in the middle of the garden, or you will surely die," he couldn't go back on that or He wouldn't be God. Rule broken, consequence follows.

BUT, I would also say that God hates to see His creation suffer. Hate, in this case, meaning more of a sadness than an anger. The process by which people die hurts Him. Some of the choices people make that bring about their death hurts Him. Those that choose to turn their back on Him during their suffering hurt Him. And so on . . . examples abound.

BUT (again), "all things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose." God can and does "use" death. There are countless stories of people, watching loved ones die, that turn to God. Those that are dying themselves sometimes do. Lessons can be learned by those that care enough to see them, or whom the Holy Spirit pricks a bit.

FINALLY, how else can we get "home"? Enoch and Elijah were the lucky ones, and once God makes the rule that we have to die, Genesis, He has no choice, as I said earlier. So, for those of us that do go to Heaven, there must be a (for lack of a better word) gateway of sorts. Death, already "invented", has thus been "reverse-perverted" for good. Or perhaps Death was designed as the gateway, and we humans have assigned all kinds of darkness and wickedness to it that was never intended. Hmmmm . . .