Thankful for ..

Momtojandj

Ok, hope no one minds .. This holiday season has been rough ( and it's barely started ) . John died 3 years ago in October, my mom 5 years ago on thanksgiving . Guy I was seeing since summer , we broke up last week. So I thought I would start a thread .. Instead of dwelling on what I don't have anymore , saying something I'm thankful for . Hope you guys will join in. Besides the obvious (kids, health) . I'm thankful that my son brought me home dinner tonight , since I was hungry and had no interest in cooking. ( hugs to all on this holiday season)

Thanks for starting this, I need to focus on the positives more than I have been lately.

I'm thankful that my oldest son seems to be adjusting better at college this semester and brought his roommate home to share the holiday with us.

Thankful for a job and the stability it brings me, both mental and financial.

Thankful that my older son is succeeding in getting where he wants to be and that my younger son who remains confused is at least not as down as he was before.

And thankful that I've been able to provide what they need and that we are on good terms.

I'm thankful that my children are too young to be aware of holidays and the marketing around them, so if in the end nothing happens around this winter season, they aren't going to notice or even remember it. Chances are I am going to ignore most, if not all, the holiday season because I don't feel thankful, cheerful, generous, inspired or motivated, and I'm going to let that be, and the kids will be fine. If they were older I would have to fake it, but they aren't, so silver lining!

Guest TooSoon

Of course there is the usual stuff but I am most grateful that my daughter has three healthy, active grandparents who adore her and want to do nothing but spend as much time and have as much fun as possible with her.  I'm grateful their despair (we've had a lot of death in our family in a very short time) has been translated into renewed joy seen through my daughter's eyes. 

And I am grateful for my students who never fail to amuse, enchant, challenge, irritate, infuriate, and stimulate me, keeping me on my toes, making me laugh (and sometimes cry) and giving me a sense of belonging to something larger and more important than myself. 

Oh and I'm thankful for so many wonderful books and that I've been able to read again this year; books having always been my sanctuary and best friends, it was hard to live without them during the years of crisis and then grief.

Happy Thanksgiving! 

I am thankful that my children have grandparents, cousins, and family that will all reconnect and share this Thanksgiving Day.  This year has been bountiful for our family.  I have a job that gives me joy and provides stability and benefits.  On the light side, I'm thankful that I have 3 days to just enjoy the people I love.  No schedule, no trips to grocery shop, no papers to grade, lots of silly games, leftovers and no cooking, and today a grateful heart. 

Happy Thanksgiving.

I am thankful that I can enjoy Thanksgiving with my family and in-laws. It's my favorite holiday, but I am aware of the fact that other people can't enjoy it as much as I do. I am thankful that my family comes to my house on Thanksgiving and brings only food and good cheer. They don't bring drunken behavior, bickering over politics or other unwelcome drama. I am sorry for those readers here who must put up with that kind of nonsense on Thanksgiving Day.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

I am thankful for my kids, who truly are amazing despite being teens. I am also thankful for my cats who ensure I constantly have at least one companion. I'm thankful to still have my husbands parents who we love so much to share our holidays with. I think I'd feel T's absence even more if not for them.

In addition, I am truly thankful for this community of wonderful people who find a way to support and comfort me despite being in the depths of their own personal despair. You are appreciated more than you know.

Thanksgiving hugs to all...

Guest TalksToAngels

Thankful for those remaining in life, Daughters, Mom, New Granddaughter.

And You All Here !!!

J2j thanks for starting this thread.

Peace to all

I'm thankful my young son is now talking up a storm (he was a late talker). I'm thankful for the new friends that have come into my life, post widow. I'm thankful for the support of this Board. I'm thankful for the support of my inlaws re. My son. I'm thankful for all the support my mum has given me. I'm thankful for my work and the flexibility it gives me as an "only" parent. I'm thankful more recently for fried green tomatoes and grits (I finally tried them on my trip South) : ) Thanks for starting this positive thread!

Today, I am just thankful. Like everyone else, I could look around and find so many things to complain about, if I wanted to; but I woke up this morning, I have a wonderful family, and I have a place to lay my head at night. God loves me, and so do my friends and family. I have food to eat and clothes to wear and a job that I love. I had thirteen years with my Kenneth, who loved me to his dying breath; and I am blessed to have found another great love with New Guy. One day, I hope to look back and be able to say that I was fortunate enough to be called his wife, too. There are so many things to be thankful for, I just can't list them all. So today, I am just thankful.

Thank you for posting.  I have learned to be thankful for so much that still exists in my life.  While the most important man in my life is no longer physically here, I think that occasionally he sends me signs that he's with us always - cheering us on.  I am learning to not worry so much about what the future holds, but to look forward to all the wonderful possibilities coming our way.  My daughter is a junior this year and we are looking at colleges. 

For now, I am thankful that I am doing alright without the anxiety meds.  I hated the fogginess they brought and I kicked them to the curb.  We have a home, I have a job, I have a great kid.  She is my biggest blessing.