Introduction

Hi I have been lurking on the old board waiting for my account to activate since December thought now would be a good time to intro and share my story. On 2/14/14 my beloved wife found out she was pregnant with our first child after well over a year of trying. What followed was some of the best times of our lives together as we prepared the house for our new baby daughter. I refinished furniture, painted, and built all the things she ordered on-line. On 9/8/2014 I left for work knowing that she would be going to hospital for a check-up on the baby since she was not feeling well and we were less than month away from the scheduled c-section. I got a call to come to the hospital and that afternoon our daughter was born by emergency c-section as my wife suffered a brain hemorrhage and was airlifted to another hospital. On 9/12/15 we turned off mommies' life support while the little one and I were at the other hospital so she would not be alone when her mommy died. Now I am a widowed dad of a perfect healthy baby girl, a member of this terrible club we are part of; and I want to say: I am bent NOT broken, she waits for me around the corner and God loves and protects me and my daughter through this pain. God bless each of you; you have already helped me so much!! 17 years (9 married) was not nearly enough. I love you still.

Heart wrenching. But I can see what a strong daddy you are for that precious angel. My heart goes out to you and I am glad you were able to migrate over here and pray that it helps you to be here with us. I won't say welcome because Lord knows no one wants to have a reason to be here.

I am so, so sorry for your loss and that you have to be here with us, but I am glad you found us.  You will find an incredible amount of support among this group.  Please, be sure you are taking care of yourself, and not just your little one.  Eat when you can, rest when you can, and drink plenty of water. 

I am bent NOT broken

^^^ I love this, by the way.  Being an eternal optimist, even on the bad days, I always like seeing other positive attitudes.

I have nothing that could come close to comforting words either, but I didn't want to read your heart wrenching post and say nothing, because sometimes it helps just knowing that the rest of us are here and what you say matters.  I'm glad that you found the new board and I hope that you can find some comfort here.  Your daughter is a beautiful gift to you from your beloved.  Don't be afraid to ask for help from others when you need it.  Bless you all.

Thank you all so much! Hard to post over weekends since it is full time Daddy mode. Diapers, food, playtime, and then rest for both of us.  :) At least most of the time she keeps me so busy that I do not get lost in my loss. Only a few rough moments over the weekend.