The way my brain (still doesn't) work(s)

mo12

So, it's been awhile. I think about you all often but I haven't been to the site in months. Actually, this morning when I felt I needed to check in I couldn't remember the name of this site! I think I have been "pushing down" a lot of stuff lately trying to keep up with work, parent my almost-2-year-old (!!) and "start a new life" (still no idea what that looks like, but apparently it's happening!)... But as you all know, it's hard. Ill read a bit and hopefully catch up with a few of you soon.... Thanks for still being here.

Yes, the grocery store thing. I do that all the time. I think I am sooo organized. Make a list....but leave the list on the counter at home. Or yes, go in to get a specific item, and come out with $100 worth of stuff but not that one item I needed. Ugh.

Just when over widow brain I got menopause brain. Fortunately, the forgetfulness has a milder feel to it, I rebound quicker and take natural remedies for menopause to help with it. Just when you thought you'd never have memory loss again. Aarrrrgh!

Please make it a priority to grieve/vent here &/or in private. Grief goes on longer if its not attended to.

• 3 weeks later...

I am close to my 18-month mark, and although I have thankfully seen an improvement, my brain is still not where it was.

I have to use my smartphone to track appointments, lists, etc. and do an okay job with that. What I really hate is forgetting something that someone has told me because I fear that they will wrongfully think that I either don't care or wasn't interested enough to listen.

Dear mo,

I  just came back today too... I am with you trying to figure out why I haven't been here. Maybe avoiding the loudness of the written word or not wanting to think/ talk.....  have widow (or not widow) dementia too, I believe calling it 'widow brain' is an understatement, I doubt there is much brain left (maybe call it mad widow disease ???). I forget the simplest things and piss people off by double booking dates and forgetting appointments. If I don't write it down, it's gone.....somewhere....

All the best for you, good luck with the 'new life' , I hope it gives you energy if needed and new perspective (-s).

Hugs y'all