Does the half year still affect you?

mikeeh

I think it was all fairly universal that when we all hit the 6 month mark it was pretty significant.  For some reason hitting the half year really hit home.  Of course for me it was the day after my 50th birthday and the day before Christmas Eve, but it was also 6 months from the day she died.

Now, like most of us in this group we are a year or more into this does the six month/half year mark still mean anything?

Today is the 30 month mark.  It does not have the ring to it of saying 6 months.  Two and a half years ago today was when I lost her.  Once again it is the day after my birthday, and the day before Christmas Eve.  But it is 30 months in and not 6, not 18.

So does the half year still affect you so much.  Or being a year or two or more does that mean that nothing really bothers as much including the annual anniversary.  It has to subside to some point and it has.

I am not looking to judge or looking for validation.  I am just kind of curious, is the 6 month mark point still significant?

Not for me.  In fact, I just had to calculate when the 6-month anniversary is.  I'm 4 1/2 years out, plus a couple months.  I decided early on that the day he died bears no relation to who he was and I wanted to forget the date, forget the date, not associate it with his so very alive him.  A very good intention, but of course impossible because no matter how little his death has to do with him, it has a whole hell of a lot to do with me and my life - razed devastation.  Apparently 6 months is a day before Halloween.  I think 5 months stood out for me because I had to move from our apartment 5 months after he died because I couldn't afford it on my own.  I think it all depends on the individual. 

In general,I'm not a big "date" person.  The first year I did recognize every month, the second year it was still the time he was diagnosed that got me and of course the second anniversary.  I had to calculate when 2 1/2 years will be too, not until March. I'm sure having the significance of your birthday and Christmas sandwiched around it makes it a marked time.

The 6 month mark was the middle of March, a time when she would've been up to her elbows in potting soil. Lettuce and radishes were already in the ground but I didn't even try to start any plants. I wasn't taking good care of things that were important so it didn't make sense to create more responsibility. It was good to have Spring coming to ease the sadness.

Ours was yesterday SVS..  24 years ago yesterday I married her, and 2 1/2 years ago yesterday I buried her.

Maybe it is the fact that the half year mark alls right among everything else.  My birthday, Christmas and our anniversary, with her death and funeral salted in between.