coffee dates-illness

imissdow

So earlier this week I posted about a new guy I had meet and had really clicked with. Things were feeling like I might just actually have a good guy friend.  I had coffee with him the other day after work and before my girls got home.  So as were sitting across the table from each other I looked deeply into his brown eyes and realized they were yellow. The same hue that I saw in my DH's eyes right before he went  to the doctor and found out he had pancreatic cancer. UGH!!!  So after looking a few more times he left.  I called him and asked him about going to the doctor and if he realized his eyes were yellow.  He told me he was act the doctors last month and he was fine, thank you for your concern. He thinks his eyes are yellow because he needs new glasses.  He has no clue.  I pressed the issue and now he thinks I'm crazy. I did a lot of research when my DH first got sick so I am aware that this guy could have other issues. However none of them are very good and all of them end in a pain filled future and a much shortened lifespan. I can't handle watching another person go thru this. I'm already watching my MIL battle a pre-cancerous  mass on her pancreas.  Between the two I'm now having flash backs.  Ugh! this is something that never even entered my mind I would be dealling with in the wonderful world of dating.

Guest TalksToAngels

Yellowing of the eyes could be 26 possible reasons.

Most yes are not good. Enough for me to call it a day.

ugh, he either has no clue, is in denial, or purposely not sharing.  Any of those reasons = no second date.

Or he went to his doctor like he said, got checked out, and is fine.  Really, he could be telling the truth and be fine.  The OP has every right to not see him again or date him, but let's not give the poor sap a diagnosis without being his doctor.

Knowing a lot of people in healthcare. Doctors  nurses and such. I asked a few of them.  They all concurred, If his eyes were yellow last month when he went to the doctors and the doctors said he was fine  then his doctor is a idiot.  More likely his eyes just turned yellow in the last week or 2 and  that goes right along with him telling me his mom and Dad had just noticed it.  So yes I'm still concerned and being that I see him everyday via work I'm hoping one of these days he will come over and thank me for pushing the issue.  Not going to bank on it but would be nice.

I called it force of habit.

Everytime I've met someone with yellowing whites of the eyes,if I knew them on a speaking daily level,well I've mentioned this to them.

Loads of people have no clue this us a sign of major health crisis.