Selling, buying and moving

imissdow

Put my house on the market a few weeks ago. Had a offer on it in 4 days. Got asking price and I'm thrilled with that. Really didn't expect it to go that fast. My home is far from typical for this neighborhood. It has been completely rehabbed over the 13 years I have lived here. Even so I expected it to be a few months. Got the lady who is buying my home to rent it back to me for a month so my girls can finish the school year. We are moving out of district so I will need to drive them for the last couple of weeks.  Put a offer in on a different house on what's known to the locals as the west shore. Only down side is a freight train runs right thru town and basically in the back yard of the house I like. Owners are out of the country and I won't know about my offer till probably Saturday. I now have 10 weeks to pack up my house and move. Amazingly I was more stressed about buying a car that cost less then a tenth of the house I'm buying. Excited, scared, nervous and just a little overwhelmed.

Congratulations on selling the house so quickly!  The packing can feel overwhelming and impossible but you will get through it.  I got a huge dumpster and threw out a ton and had a flea market guy come take 2 truck fulls of stuff for Goodwill and to sell at flea market.  I was downsizing so I couldn't take it all with me!

Good luck!!

I have a freight train that goes through the very end of backyard and I love the sound

it doesn't have a regular schedule and we yell train everytime we start to hear it come

good luck with the packing an new house !

Guest TooSoon

Congrats, imissdow!  I'm in awe of anyone who makes the decision and does it.  Proud of you!  A new start for you and the girls.  Stressful, yes, but I know you to be one tough woman and you can do it!  xo