5 years ago today...

Wheelerswife

...barefoot on the beach in Hawaii, I married my second great love.  We had never been happier.  Today is my third anniversary without him.  Sometimes, it is hard for me to believe that I have survived this long without him.  We connected quickly and deeply and we lived life with such gusto.  Life can be so incredibly unfair.  I'm trying to figure out how to live on without him, but today, I am reduced to tears and anger.  It is hard to focus on the beauty of our relationship when I feel my torn heart physically hurting in my chest.

He was a beautiful gift.  I cherished him and he cherished me.  He challenged me to stretch myself, and he was there every step of our time together to support me.  I certainly wasn't ready for him to die unexpectedly.  How could all of that have ended so abruptly? 

10455298_10202495466363121_2669553314943721020_n.jpg?oh=5389821c4edacc87557b4fa9a7ce202e&oe=578515C0

Maureen

{{{Hugs}}}

My heart sinks knowing how sad and angry you must feel today. Know that many of us across the country who know you through this group, and other walks of life, are all there with you, and are here to give you strength when you need it. You are in my thoughts today and everyday. 

Oh Maureen...I am so sorry about the loss of both of your husbands.  When you opened your heart to love again after your first loss, I was ecstatic for you.  No one would have believed you would have to experience such a devastating loss a second time, especially so quickly.  It's completely understandable that you're hurting so deeply.  It really isn't fair.  You and Barry had such a deep love and complimented each other perfectly.  I'm very sorry.  Sending warm, tight hugs!

I'm sorry Maureen- I'm pissed off at life for you for the loss of your 2nd love. You two had such a beautiful relationship and your happy pics say it all. That was taken from you far too soon. You've been a pillar of strength for our online widow community so sending you widow hugs and support today. I'm so sorry again....Juli

Maureen, Such a beautiful picture that captures the love and happiness the two of you shared.  Yes, so unfair.  To be so lucky to find such love after such great loss and then to have it ripped from your hands again.  I can tell you to cherish the love you found and how those short years you had together were such a gift. But you know that and today you can be sad and angry and grieve that loss because it sucks and we just can't understand the why.  All we can do is take it one day at a time.

Sending you hugs.

Oh, Maureen - I'm so sorry that you're feeling that...that feeling that we know so well--and you know much too well.

Thank you for sharing such a lovely picture; the happiness shines through. Which makes it so easy to understand the extreme degree of anger and sadness.

You've helped so many of us. Just know that across the globe, we are here for you in return. Big hugs.