New house!😀

Sugarbell

I have been searching for months for a house where we will be moving. I didn't want fancy...and everything was either fancy and expensive or a big time fixer upper.

ย 

My house in Stepford is 93 percent paid off. So we will have a good down payment available.

ย 

I kept wondering where the basic brick ranch houses with finished basements were. The older 60s/70s houses without the bells and whistles but quality construction.

ย 

Then it popped up! It's smaller and less expensive than our current home. But established neighborhood-a combination of senior citizens and families with kids. I know the neighborhood well I had friends in high school that lived here. On a hill but close to schools ball fields..smaller yards.

ย 

We have 4 smaller bedrooms (but everyone gets own room now) finished basement, 2 bathrooms, finished basement...double flat driveway for basketball.

ย 

Best part...it was priced about 30K less than what I am selling my house for. So when my house sells...I can pay off the new house in FULL and remaining 7 percent I owe on my house.

ย 

So no more house payment. ๐Ÿ˜€. That was our goal before the kids got high school age...so we wouldn't be house poor.

ย 

It's smaller but it's going to be more functional for this stage of my and my kids lives. Still have a yard and trees but not nearly the upkeep. If I have any money left over we are adding on a deck soon.

ย 

Now to get my house sold. I didn't want to have 2 houses...but I knew if I didn't bid and jump on this house it wouldn't last long (they sell quick down here).

ย 

I can do this...

It's funny...I bought the house from a young couple (they are both 30) who have 4 kids under the age of 5. ๐Ÿ˜...They are building a large house with more land. I have observed here (town I am moving to) the 20 something start out smaller...in the 30s...want bigger more space...then hit mid 40s (my friends from high school that are still local).. Want to go back smaller with less upkeep. I don't know if it's like that everywhere- but it's that way here. (Hometown)

ย 

Of course in Stepford...it's bigger bigger bigger...but most Moms don't work.

ย 

Just an observation since I have left the bubble.

Oh I know....Cute PB neighbor is in Canada till end of the month on business (and he has a gf now-but something tells me it's not exclusive!)

ย 

I do love my neighborhood and they are probably the only ones we will keep in touch with In years to come. We are like family.

ย 

Something tells me my new neighborhood won't have a PB neighbor...But you never know! ๐Ÿ˜€