The homophobes retreated!

gracelet

The YWBB veterans will recall my utter nightmare with my homophobic in laws who blamed me for my wife's suicide, cut me out of the obituary, launched a hate campaign and tried to take me to the cleaners financially.

I am absolutely over the moon to update you, two and a half years later, that they finally signed the other half of my house into my name.  It cost me a shit tonne but I decided that it wasn't worth the battle.  I wanted to put my energy into rebuilding my life.  And rebuild I have. I love my life and I love myself.

My home is my home!  Her things are gone, apart from a few treasured items.  I have a new little sausage dog, Mildred, on the way too! The in laws stole the other dog.  I have to say that while you can't replace a wife, you can sort of replace a dog (!).

I've fallen in love again with a woman who accepts me flaws and all.  A woman who isn't afraid to ask questions about Elle and who doesn't shudder in horror when I occasionally cry on her.  In fact, the tears are very infrequent these days. She and I laugh so much.  We argue like healthy couples do.  We support one another. We tell one another off.  It's an equal partnership - I've never had that before.

I got my house valued just the other day and it was a pleasant surprise.  I am readv to move on to the next place and finally I can legally do so without the mess of shitty in laws.  I'm looking for a house with a garden for my little doggy and a second bedroom which will, hopefully, be for a baby one day.

I am NOT glad I was widowed.  I will never move on.  But, I have moved forward and I would not be the confident, grounded woman I am now who is true to herself and feisty as fuck if Elle hadn't died.

Why am I writing this?  Because I know you guys get it and won't judge me for being happy.  Thank you for that. My friends assume I'm happy through and through and have left Elle behind me.  My family think I didn't love my wife enough if I'm capable of being happy now.

Many of you here pulled me through my darkest times.  Thank you so much.  I know I only lurk here now and post every now and then, but you're very dear to me :-)

Woo-hoo!!!

Great news, Grace! I am so happy for you! (((Hugs to you, Mildred, and your lady))) I just wish they would have gotten their collective head out of their ass sooner.

There's no pleasing some people in widowhood - there really isn't. There are those that will think you never loved your dead spouse because you have found happiness again, or those that will tell you it is time to "move on" and "get on" in life because you are so sad. Don't know if you saw this satirical article that Jess posted on Facebook, but it hits the spot: http://www.theonion.com/article/elderly-man-whos-outlived-wife-8-years-must-not-ha-52715

Thank you for sharing your great news with us :-)

G you got that right, we surely do get it and I am so happy for you that things seem to be falling into place for you!! None of us asked for this new life but we sure as hell have to make the best of what we have.  My DH would be the first one to kick my butt knowing how I have been struggling.  I'm finding so much encouragement from my fellow wids in BAG and it's helping me more than y'all know!!

Keep on keeping on!

Justin, the article you linked really surprised me. I know we can't please people in relationship to meeting someone or not doing so. I never realized the rule about dying in a certain time frame. Amazing!

I hope that it was evident that the article is satire! I should have posted as much, in case some folks are not familiar with The Onion :-)

Thank you everyone. I feel like I'm winning at life again! I do sometimes tiptoe around wondering when the next blow will occur but I've learned not to let that hold me back from living life fully. I've been through hell already and none of us should apologise for having been there and come back breathing.

I've been through hell already and none of us should apologise for having been there and come back breathing.

Totally agree.  Happy for you, and it's inspiring how life has turned around for you.  Hope the door didn't hit your intolerant, inhumane in-laws on their way out. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just received more good news. I interviewed for a new job and I got it! It's a step up and a step in the right direction of me moving into the tech industry which is where I ultimately want to end up. I didn't even have to blag my interview. I just prepped my socks off and was authentic, ridiculous me.

ALSO, my new baby puppy arrives today.

Yet I find myself crying. Wtf?!