I think someone tried to set me up

Quixote

So, it's the end of the day at this equestrian tournament a week back.  Me and a friend go riding around the grounds (a private wooded estate outside Austin).  She's kind of awesome people, fellow widow who just recently got engaged to a horsey guy, so we had a good chat about life and grief, all that.  On the way back, rides over to this lady lunging her horse and says to me "Hey, you should totally go ride with E here, her horse could use the company".  Then she literally trots off.

E proves to be a super nice lady, soft spoken and courteous, hunter/jumper build with long braided red hair.  You get the idea.  Bit too heavy on the reins, though, and not particularly confident with her thoroughbred.  But whatever,  I kind of stink at jumps, too.  We ride the cross country course together, talk horses.

Then I say "thanks for the ride!" and don't talk to her again for the rest of the weekend.  Because I'm just that stupid.  Or maybe subconscious really isn't ready for anything yet.  After five years.  Nah, I'm just stupid.

Awww!!  And oh no!  And oh yay!  Sounds like perhaps you might be able to get her contact info from someone.....?  F the subconscious??  Sounds lovely, no matter what happens.  Glad your friend did that!

Oh, Quixote, this made me smile!  I smile because you are at least thinking that there could be possibilities.  Alone, while it is sometimes safe and predictable, is still that...alone.  Maybe your heart is really ready to think about opening up again.

Hang in there,

Maureen

Heh, thanks guys.  Yah, I'm so clueless it really didn't dawn on me until later that this was a setup.  Then again, if I'd figured it out I might not have gone.  Facebook friended her. Historical equestrian is a small community, who knows.

From a woman's perspective, a man who is a little clueless that he is a great catch can be very attractive.  This may be just what you need to open up to the idea of dating so dust off those flirting skills and see how it feels!

First off,  yeah!  And I get it, that not quite knowing.  Hope it works out for you

dust off those flirting skills

This made me smile,  my flirting skills are buried so deep I'm not even sure where to find them  :P

• 1 month later...