Emotional School Year

Virgo

My 17 year old is a senior. My 14 year old is a freshman. My 9 year old is a 4th grader. My 14 year old and 9 year old are going to be in new buildings.  In our district elementary is K-3rd. The intermediate school is 4th and 5th. 6th -8th is middle school.  9th-12th is high school.

My 17 year old and I have already cried thinking about her graduation.  My 14 year old and 9 year old mentioned their dad not being here to see them move up to the next school.

I honestly don't see the milestones ever getting easier. Graduations, weddings, grandchildren.  :(

Hi Virgo,

My NG is in a similar situation.  He is a widower (2 yrs sept) with 4 girls..... 18 yr old leaving for college in 17 days..... 16 yr old, 14 year old freshman and almost 10 year old - starting new school building.

The last 2 weeks have been an emotional roller coaster in his house. 

Jen, I can really relate to this post. My son turns 18 next week and will be a senior this year. I can't believe his father won't be here to celebrate these milestones with us. I've cried with my daughter after she burst into tears while we were watching a show with a father walking his daughter down the aisle at her wedding. It still hurts like hell for all of us not to have him here.

Tights hugs to you....

I had been working part time when our 3 sons entered school. As they got older, it was my husband who suggested I go full time at a local college to be able to send them to college tuition free. So I got a job, with the agreement that after putting the kids thru college I could then quit work and return to being a full time Mom. I held up my end of the bargain, my husband didn't cuz he died.

My 3 sons all graduated with their Bachelor degrees and my husband never lived long enough to see any of them graduate.

And here I am still working. But I count my blessings that I have a job.

It just stinks that he missed it all.

Or rather, I thank my lucky stars that my husband suggested I work at a college to give our kids a college education and me a job. How did he know??

Getting ready to take my middle son off to college next week and feeling emotional.  Two years ago DHs best friend came with me to drop my oldest off but this time I will be doing it alone.  I think these milestone moments will always be bittersweet as they highlight who is missing.

Took DD's last photo of first day of school this morning.  :'(  She happily begins her senior year

of high school. 

In two weeks DS and I head off to his college, where he starts his sophomore year.  It's a bittersweet

time for sure, feeling emotional as these milestone moments go by without DH here. 

It is definitely bittersweet and highlights who is missing.

My senior broke down the night before and said, "this is my last first day of high school and he missed it."

After I tucked my youngest in the night before I could hear her through the door telling her dad all about her new school and teacher.

I cried.