It's the little things...

Wheelerswife

...that can really throw me off.

I went out to my car this morning to go to work and the d**m car battery was dead.  I'm perfectly capable of managing the situation, but I ended up in a ball of tears.  I'm tired of doing this alone.  I miss having my back-up person.  I don't WANT to have to do everything by myself. 

End of rant, I suppose.  Fortunately, I have a flexible work schedule and my calendar was clear this morning.

Anyone else want a mini rant?

Maureen

Guest TooSoon

My University rejected my research grant application because my resume went half a page over the two page limit stipulated in the unnecessarily labyrinthine "guidelines."  Why didn't they just only count the first two pages and disregard the extra half page.  OK, so I guess that's a valid reason to reject the ENTIRE PROPOSAL.  Not pleased.  WTH?!

I hear you on having to do it all alone - I had the girls alone for the last two weeks.  It was hard and also alarming how fast I went right back into "doing it all alone/survival mode."  Exhausting. 

Hugs. 

I literally just came to my desk and came right to this site because all I can think about is how over this life I am.  I hate being alone.  Last night I had to work late and all I could think about the rest of the night was how I wasn't going home to anyone, no one cared where I was (except my dog).  I just miss someone caring. I miss having to call someone to let them know I am going to be running late.  I miss having someone else being at home to hang out with the dog when I'm working late so he doesn't have to be home for 12 hours.  I just miss him.

The little things get me too;

I'm sick, just a head cold/flu, I don't know,  I've slept 11 of the past 18 hours and just feel like shit.  Thankfully I work from home.  I really miss having someone else to make me tea and feed the kids.

I just want to mope on the couch and feel sorry for myself.  But instead I'm going to have to get up and make dinner. 

Yes some days are bad. On Sunday did quite bit of driving as need to deliver something to my son who is uni around 100 KM from place and it was snowing. Came home and noticed whole mess on kitchen slabs which I did while preparing some food for kids. Didn't feel like cleaning but had to do some cleaning so that I can use one of them in morning for my daughter breakfast prep. I don't know how long I can carry like this but have to as kids still need me.

You are right, it is what I came here to say.

• I only make one cup of coffee. When I got up first, I would make mine, then set the coffee maker up for hers. I'd flip it on when I heard her moving around.
  • I have to fold and put away the laundry. Don't get me wrong, I know how to do laundry. But before, she loaded the washer, I'd move it to the dryer and often carry it upstairs, but she put everything away.
  • The rule used to be whoever cooked, the other one cleaned up (and she often cleaned up before I got to it). Now, I have to do both.
  • I have to make the bed everyday, not just the days that I get up after her.
  • If I was having a particularly busy or bad day, she'd bring me a glass of water or a cup of coffee. No one does that now.

I know others have it much worse and I know it will be better once the new normal is firmly established, but right now, it is almost overwhelming.

Maureen you are so on target with this post

My mini rant is a bulb went out in a flood light outside

shouldn't be a big deal but it involves a ladder so just thinking of this just brought the tears flowing

like you said just tired of doing this alone

Funny timing; I had to swap out my car battery today too....never done that before. I was for a while convinced I had the wrong tool to get some nuts off and then realized I was trying to turn them the wrong way *facepalm*

I'm experiencing the other side of things with this though.... Relief that I am not managing his effed up emotional state surrounding a simple task. He had very unreasonable reactions to basic tasks....which is why I did everything. But even then if I was doing something he wouldn't do for me, he would be fairly strung out about me doing something I don't known how to do..... Because I might do something "stupid".  So today I could figure out how to change my battery and not have him react as if I am performing open heart surgery on him after watching a how-to YouTube video.

{{{{HUGS}}} Maureen!

My Rant?  I wish I had the words of a Dad when I need them!  J is so much like his Dad and they would click in so many areas that I just don't. 

Some days I'm the Dad with all the wrong words and then the Mom with even more wrong words...UGH, it's difficult sometimes!

• 2 weeks later...

He always drove, especially in bad conditions.  It took me 2.5 hours to get home last night in ice. This morning it was supposed to be warmer, above freezing, but it wasn't.  I could probably have made it to work, but chose not to drive. He would have known if it was ok to drive  (I live way out in the country ), and he would have either driven me or told me to stay home.  Now I've spent all day second guessing my decision, cuz I don't get paid if I don't work