5 years out and the kids are hitting milestones

lovelorne

Since my 2nd husband passed, two of my three children has married. One of my girls is 51% done with her MBA. One of my twins was just accepted to a Doctor of Physical Therapy program. Both of the girls had a picture of their stepfather in a seat at their weddings. But he isn't here to tell them how proud (and I know how proud he would have been) that they are doing so well working towards their life goals.

My autistic daughter is employed full time, loves her job, and loves her independence.

I thought I had this all figured out (yeah right) but I cried tonight.

It's bittersweet to experience those milestones without him - son graduated high school and is now an honor student in college, daughter graduates high school this spring.  The kids are driving, dating, excited about future plans, thriving - he should be here.  sigh ........

I so relate, always cry when thinking of the milestones. 

I am 5 years out too. My kids are much younger; 10 and 7. It hurts when I see how much of him is in them knowing he can't see it. They were 5 and 2 when he passed. My 10 year old has autism/ADHD. The progress he has made has been a miracle. How I wish my husband was here to see it. He would be so thrilled. I am sure he would be proud of both of the kids. I wish I could see them interact with each other now that the kids personalities have developed. Sigh. We are in such a difficult spot aren't we?

Sending you strength.

Eileen

• 3 weeks later...