midway new beginnings

Mizpah

Confusing and redundant title, but seems fitting.  I've not been responding as much I'd like, but things have been crazy: Today is moving day!  Four plus years ago I moved in with NG (a widower), and what followed were a couple of really, really difficult years, causing me emotional pain that rivaled in magnitude and effect some of what I experienced after DH's death.  Trite, cliche "common wisdom" told me that things that are bad usually get worse, but for us, things improved, and whatever held us together in the dark days has really paid off, and I'm so glad we didn't give up. 

Today we leave the house he shared with his DW, the only home our young daughter has ever known, and we move into OUR house.  Change is so jarring, and I'm terrible at change, I hate it (yes, even positive change - maybe I'm a little stodgy), but even with that overlay, I'm so excited and so deep down grateful for this new beginning that is not an actual beginning. 

I was at the wine shop looking for a mini bottle of bubbly to celebrate closing (which took place on Valentine's Day, which also happens to be the wedding anniversary of the (now deceased) couple we bought the house from), and next to the counter was a display of a white wine labeled "Clean Slate."  I don't believe the past disappears from a simple change of location, but each big change is an opportunity.

That Clean Slate is now in our fridge waiting for us to get there to join and enjoy it. 

Thank you for sharing your path.  You have been brutally honest and I so appreciate learning from your experiences.

Congrats on the new "beginnings."  :)

I posted recently on FB. Change is hard. Change is growth. Change is essential. 

Warm vibes!