College shooting and my baby is there :(

Carey

i stayed home from work sick today and let my daughter's friend take her to school.  They are now in 100% lockdown, a shooter has killed a teacher and has not been caught yet and I'm terrified :( I can't even go there cause they aren't letting anyone in or out and have not just the college but the whole road blocked.

It ended up on CNN, People.Com and several other national outlets so you may have heard about it. A 20 year old college student with white supremist tattoos carried in a 12 gauge shotgun and shot and killed the print shop teacher at the college.  He then fled and for HOURS many roads and businesses were closed. He was captured, SLEEPING ON THE BEACH in Daytona yesterday morning of all places.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/police-college-shooting-possible-hate-crime-victim-was-gay/ar-AAaYVed?ocid=ansnewsap11

that tells the story...and whats amazing is, had I not been home sick I would have dropped my daughter off at the college and she would have been in the library, where this occurred. They are all shook up quite a bit but she went to school ok this morning, but it definitely made for a few terrifying hours.

oh it's nationwide news now, he's had his first court appearance where he confessed in an F-word peppered speech.  Extradited back here yesterday where he was removed from the courtroom for another hate filled outburst.  This guy is a piece of work. There was actually a bomb threat at the college today and once again, Katie had already been dropped off and they evacuated and closed the college :(