Been Struggling With "Life Goes On" Today...

I hate that she's gone. I mean, how am I supposed to just "keep going?"

I only exist, now. I function, but it's like I'm on "auto-pilot." I get up, go to work, pay the bills, etc.

And that's it. I don't want anything else. I want her back.

[move]This really sucks...[/move]

auto pilot ... i.e. shock can be your comforter right now. Let it insulate you.  That's really all you can do. It'll change with time, some for the worse some for the better.  You're not alone, come here and spill or vent or cry all you need to.

The heartbreak is overwhelming

The fact you are getting up and going to work is a huge accomplishment

and paying bills , I forgot a few bills along the way in my haze

reach out whenever you can and like its been said before ...Just breath and take a minute at a time

take care

I'm sorry the_master, the depth of this pain and sorrow is simply mind numbing and operating on auto-pilot maybe all you will be able to do some days. I found this in some of my GriefShare material;

"Remember the good times; cherish the memories, but live each day moving forward. Focus your thoughts on what is before you and how you are going to get there. "I often tell people that there are three stages you need to think about: You can't go back. You can't stay here. You must go forward," says Dr. Ray Pritchard. "There may be some good things in the past that you wish you could go back to, but in the end you have to let those go."

It is still very new and raw for you -- and auto pilot is a very good way to put it.  I'm at ten months and still cry most days, but not as much.  Cry as much as you need to -- it is therapeutic and healing.  I know the pain really sucks, I just hope that you can take a little comfort in what you are experiencing is typical and healthy (according to my psychotherapist!).

I hate that you have lost your love, too. I hate it for all of us. Even at nearly 14 months out, I still hate that my Kenneth is gone. There are still many days, when I am operating on "auto pilot". At the same time, there are days, when the sun shines on my life and I can find moments of joy and happiness, again. Eventually, you will, too.

In the meantime, just remember to be good to yourself, and to take care of yourself. Eat, sleep, and exercise, when you can. Drink plenty of water. Allow yourself to cry, but also allow yourself to smile, from time to time. Take things one minute, one hour, one day, at a time, if you need to. When all else fails, just breathe. Those slow, deep, concentrated breaths really do help.