I did it...

Well I did it.  After almost a year and a half I drove by the accident scene.  And you know what?  I survived.  Yes, I had a panic attack in a gas station parking lot right after I turned off the street but I expected nothing less.  The last time I drove that way into my neighborhood (instead of going 10-15 minutes out of the way) I was coming home after unknowingly driving past his burned up car.  I don't know why I felt like i needed to get past this but I did.  Like I couldn't let it have control over me anymore.  Sure I will most likely continue to go out of my way to avoid it daily but I don't HAVE to now and that means something.

It is also my little man's first night away from me and the house is already so so lonely.  I would give almost anything to be like other mommas who go on a date night with their husband when their kids have their first sleepover at the grandparents.  This life is so lonely.

Sometimes I think I will actually die of loneliness. That sounds like hyperbole, but there are times when the ache is so fierce, it squeezes what's left of my poor heart so tightly, that I think it will just stop it for good. And actually, I often wish it would.

(((((HUGS)))))) to you-- this was a huge step. Wishing you peace tonight...

Congrats Batmanswidow..That was a brave thing to accomplish today. I am so proud of you for facing this with courage. You survived! I know how these milestones feel to confront and you did it! It's a huge deal! And I for one am very proud of you. Keep up the great work. I know I how hard this must have been to do and solo . I get it. You are fierce!

Sending you a huge virtual hug,

Cyndi

I'm proud of you for taking back control, it could not have been easy to do. 

Nights alone at home are tough, maybe next time make some plans with friends so you don't have to face the loneliness. The quiet can be unbearable. 

That is truly a huge accomplishment which required a lot of courage. I'm so glad you were able to make that step. I'm sorry you are feeling the loneliness of an empty house. I think when our kids are away, the solitude gives us time (perhaps too much) to reflect upon our lives. It seems easier to just focus on the kids. My kids rarely ever go away without me. You'd think when they do, I'd be thrilled to have a break from two teens, but I'm not. Now if my T was still here, I'd feel very differently I'm sure.

Sending you tight hugs...

Thanks everyone.  I knew this was one of the few places where people would understand how big this was.  Most of the people in my life still pretend not to notice when I turn the "wrong" way out of the neighborhood but I know they don't really get the level of control it had on my life.  They can only be so supportive without truly knowing the impact driving by his car that day had on me.

Anyway I also made it through baby's first sleepover.  It would have been a little more exciting if I hadn't been rear ended today on my way to get some lunch.  The lady felt really bad and I just looked at her and said, "it could be worse trust me".

Thanks again for all the support!

That truly was a huge step!  I'm proud of you.  Whether or not you still go out of your way doesn't matter, you proved you can do it.  Also congrats for spending the night alone ... that was a huge task for me to overcome.