My 73 year old Mom asked if new guy was kinky

Sugarbell

Old board is down...I haven't discussed anything about physical relationship with new guy. My Mother hasn't met him...because she doesn't like anyone I have ever been with. Ever..including DH the first year-So I have kept my personal life distant from her.

Outta the blue...I get this "Your new guy is a player...I just know. He's smart and suave...I think he's a sex addict too. I had a dream and he was hanging out with Tiger Woods. He hasn't cheated in you yet...because you are obviously taking care of his needs"

Yea...my mouth is just open and I have this horrified look on my face.

Then she continues...

"is he kinky? Bet he is...I know it...I know things"

Now I am really mortified hearing this shit from my 73 year old Mom.

So I decided to bite back...

"like wear women's underwear kinky? Oh yeah all the time.

"foot fetish kinky? Absolutely we both are the fetish.

"He likes to dress up as a woman too Mom. And is with me because I have big feet and he can wear my heels".

She glared at me and shut up. WTF??? Is my Mom getting dementia?? I had a headache all last night after this conversation .

Never in a million years did I ever think at 44 years of age..my elderly Mom would drill me about sex.

Sigh

Maybe it's the age, or our situation. I don't know. My dad tends to overshare with me now that he has started dating. I'm not sure how I would have responded to that. Normally when I feel put on the spot I answer questions with questions.

I can not even imagine my mom saying anything to me like that!  There are some boundaries that need to be kept.  I love the way you handled it.  If she's going to make you uncomfortable with her questions, make her more uncomfortable with your response!

Guest nonesuch

In my part of the world, there have been recent public service announcements about medical problems that cause dementia-like symptoms but are physical problems easily resolved.

I don't know your Mom.

She,has,some medical illness and does take shots for ms.

By my standards new guy isn't really kinky...but is pretty experienced.

He works full  time and owns 2 businesses. One of which is a mattress store. My bed is old and has been broken for a year --yes before him from my daughter jumping on it. This weekend he surprised me with a new king bed mates and boxsprings. His intention was not sexual--he gets this stiff wholesale and we've talked about it.

But when my mom sees this new beefy bed....this is not going to help things. Oh gawd her head will explode.

Guest Lost35

Just place some large, weight-bearing hooks on the ceiling over your bed and. say. nothing.

8)

Ugh...my relationship with my Mother is just complicated and complex.

She will see the bed...she notices when I have a new blouse then lectures me about money.

And she thinks new guy is a player...and I am going to get hurt. Her argument is "It's been 15 years why hasn't he gotten remarried?"...Of course...if it had only been one year I would get lectured as well.

The sex addict thing is just weird. Yeah..I think she's pissy...bored...and yea I am sure she's reading this...or will be soon.

Controlling...I am the kid she couldn't control (and trust me she does control some aspects of my life--but not all at all. )

And of course  through my 6 month marriage in my face. I honestly don't think she wants me with anyone. Seriously...because if I am with a significant other she has less control.

My Dad is the polar opposite....he's 80 and can't hear..but I have always been very close to him. I know my Mom on some level resents that bond. (He's the guy everybody loves and gravitates to...doesn't try...retired steelworker, mountain man...but people just love him.)My Mom was the pretty school teacher every student had a crush on.

Rambling. Sorry...thinking out loud.