On line dating vents and laughs......

momtokam

No, they wouldn't do it in person, and the fact that they have to know that people aren't actually going to respond in the affirmative makes me think of it more of an emotional assault, a virtual slap in the face.

Just got one: "Would love to kiss those lips." Ugh, gross. Like that's it. No, hi, how are you? No attempt to disguise the fact that now I'm just whack off material to some guys out there.

I often wonder MrsDan, why do they send these messages of they don't get responses. Then I thought maybe they do, which is even stranger to think about.

One time I actually responded with "Does this actually work for you?"

I think I really put him off balance and he said things like,  sometimes and depends. It was an interesting conversation for sure!

Guest nonesuch

I think I only had one or two men actually send me pictures of their genitals. Both were responding to a CL ad.

I must not have written very interesting profiles, or I don't photograph well.  I didn't get a lot of Hi sexy messages, maybe because I mentioned I was still an A cup.

In years past, maybe people belonged to bowling leagues?  Or visited aunties in the hospital, who had a friend who had a niece or nephew who was single?  It seems people stayed in contact with relatives more, and lived closer to them.

I was talking with a younger colleague who admitted to bailing out of socializing with friends to pull on her pjs and watch tv instead.

When my parents were my age, they still played bridge, socialized after the Friday night basket ball games.

I really don't know what the magic formula is to meet someone.

Online, in person, through osmosis, etc. My thought process these days is very open. I am hoping that the right person is out there and somehow we will find each other. It may not be now or soon, but hopefully at some point. Delusional...maybe!

In the meantime, I'm taking it one day at a time and keeping my "whatever" attitude in check! We shall see. Hopefully I can still have a few laughs through this process! 😊

Guest TalksToAngels

If one seeks laughs, you can certainly find entertainment online. I think I will hold out for the real thing. Had enough laughs ; )

Received this message:

" Time to join the revolution beautiful,  black men are taking over, first we took sports, then music, now white women. its working too, now days surveys say white girls in highschool prefer black men, and almost all white women who cheat cheat with black men"

I don't know who I'm more offended for, black men, black women, white women or white women. Actually, I think I'm just offended for all of humanity. Also, I'm looooong out of high school. So I'm not sure how that statistic is relevant.

Here's another one. You don't call someone cutie, or sweetie, or any other term of endearment in your first message. Completely unacceptable. The right to use terms of endearment with me have to be earned. Who the fuck do you think you are?

I have eleven days until match.com runs out, and I can't figure out how to accept the six-month guarantee if they offer it without risking a renewal that I don't want to pay for.  It's nuts how they obscure that.  I am ready to be done for awhile - I had a woman I liked click on the "I'm interested" button in the daily matches and then ignore my nice e-mail.  WTF?  If I'm just going to be ignored, I should just take myself off the market until I have something better to offer, or at least better marketing language.

Take care,

Rob T

You don't call someone cutie, or sweetie, or any other term of endearment in your first message.

[...]

Who the fuck do you think you are?

I'm just trying to be a nice guy, cutie pie! ;)

...but I agree, it's cheap and sleazy to talk that way to someone you don't yet know.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

I have eleven days until match.com runs out, and I can't figure out how to accept the six-month guarantee if they offer it without risking a renewal that I don't want to pay for.  It's nuts how they obscure that.  I am ready to be done for awhile - I had a woman I liked click on the "I'm interested" button in the daily matches and then ignore my nice e-mail.  WTF?  If I'm just going to be ignored, I should just take myself off the market until I have something better to offer, or at least better marketing language.

Take care,

Rob T

I have not checked on this. I'm guessing the more confusing, the better for them. Can you email anyone there to find out? I went back on, to send 2 messages today, to fill my 3rd month guarantee commitment.  I was 2 days away from my month end. Of course, crickets so far and one message was very witty based on his profile!

If you have earned your free guarantee, make sure you get it, if you want to use it or not. Why should they not own up to it? Take a break from it if you want, but make sure you have that free extension, if you ever want to use it. You earned it!

And this other woman, well a non reply is just dumb if she showed interest. It's not a reflection on you, but her. Maybe she is just feeling out the site to see how it works, who knows.  Never feel it's a reflection on you, it isn't.

The ultimate cut and paster....must read the entire dialogue 😁

Oct 6

Him-

I don't know what kind of chance I have but, I couldn't go by without stopping to tell you how gloriously divine and beautiful you are

Oct 6

Him-

It would be a pleasure, to get to know you. Not just the beauty of your physique, but the depth of your mind, complexity of your intellect, history of your personality, and exquisiteness of your smile.

Oct 6

Him-

My name is xxxx, and I really believe that conversation is the start of enjoying the full beauty and depth of someone else

Oct 6

Him-

Would you like to have an engaged, honest and hopefully fun conversation, sometime?

Oct 6

Me-

Sorry, but I am looking for someone closer to my age.

Oct 6

Him-

Cool, thanks for the reply.

I don't think my previous messages implied but I was looking something more along the side of fun and not serious to be sincere.

I hope I didn't offend you in anyway.

Oct 6

Me-

Not at all offended. I get it a lot on here. I got your implied message.

Oct 6

Him-

Lol. Ok. Well, thanks for the reply.

You really are gracefully gorgeous and wonderfully elegant. Wish I had a shot to know the rest of you too.

Oct 6

Him-

Have a good one.. Keep smiling it's a truly wonderful and expressive smile you have.

Today ? 9:08am

Him-

I don't know what kind of chance I have but, I couldn't go by without stopping to tell you how gloriously divine and beautiful you are

Him-

I've only ever been with older women, and they were about your age or older. I only say this to be honest and clear, showing some of my traits. And to give you the reason why I'm contacting you.

Him-

It would be a pleasure, to get to know you. Not just the beauty of your physique, but the depth of your mind, complexity of your intellect, history of your personality, and exquisiteness of your smile

Today ? 9:10am

Him-

My name is xxxx, and I really believe that conversation is the start of enjoying the full beauty and depth of someone else

Today ? 9:10am

Him-

Would you like to have an engaged, honest and hopefully fun conversation, sometime?

All that cut-and-paste - wow.  I think he didn't compliment you enough G, what do you think? :-)

I heard back from the one who showed interest, and she may be up for a date (still have to work that out).

Yes, I will message match.  I would like to land my six extra months and then hide my profile and take the first two off :-)

Take care,

Rob T

Yes Rob! For just a few more compliments, I may have caved! 😁

Good luck on your potential date! So glad she responded. Hopefully it might turn into a good prospect.

Perfect plan! Get your freebie and then take the break. It will give you some time to see how you may want to come back and retry. Breaks are always good from these sites. My little break is/was good. It made me see how sad it all was. Still not giving up yet though . Poking in and out a bit at a time for now. Not going crazy with too much on line time.

Been messaging with this one guy, then he kind of stopped. So tonight I figured what the hell, and sent a message. So he writes back, oh sorry, I didn't realize you had written. Dude I can see when you've read my message. And that you visited my profile yesterday. At least just say you've been busy. Or nothing I mean whatever, you don't owe me an explanation.

Homeless people need love, too! :-)

Thanks....I spit coffee all over my laptop!  ;D

I finally broke down and registered on a site. Maybe it doesn't have a lot of volume, there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity. But I can say that if the most creative message you can send me is, "Hi," I don't think you are the one for me. Intelligence and creativity are aphrodisiacs for me, I may have to figure out an alternative method for meeting people.

Intelligence and creativity are aphrodisiacs for me

Yes! Knowing the art of flirting helps too!

The "Hi" only messages are on all sites. Be patient, some actually do write more than that. You may not want to see what they write, but they do! 😁

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sick of guys who come on really strong, then have second thoughts and disappear. This isn't an interview for a job you might decide you don't want. People's feelings are involved. Calm the fuck down, make sure it's a road you really want to go down before falling over yourself acting like you are.

I am getting very good at the following skill....

Getting men to hide their profiles...all I have to do is message them! 😁

I didn't think I was THAT scary! 😨

Oh, and here is a sad new question I get asked....

"Are you single?" Why would I be be on a dating site if I wasn't?

I know, I know, most on these sites are not single. 😯