Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!

MissingSquish

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TooSoon

Its another super sexy Saturday night again, kids!  Saturday nights were so horrible early on when I felt like, having survived the day, I should have something to look forward to other than a Sunday of more than the same and the Sunday night pre-Monday work panic. 

What's everyone got going on or not going on?  Its been a while for me but Saturday nights remain pretty pedestrian.  I am spiralizing giant zucchinis (this spiralizer thing is a revelation but also process that seems like it will never end because of never ending zucchini).  We got up early today and went to a farmers market and Hispanic festival in a nearby town and checked out a new micro-brewery.  We even walked across the PA/NJ state line, which we've done a thousand times but which everyone here always finds amusing. 

What have you all got on deck? 

I'm at home alone. My eight year old son went to camp after complaining 100 times. It's lonely and I'm still missing my husband after six years. I'll take the time to work and find a better job. No time off for me ever. I hope that this life gets better soon. Too much loss. Too much pain. Three glasses of wine will bring back everything. Stay strong everyone.

• 1 month later...
Guest TooSoon

What's everyone up to?  Its Labor Day weekend and my daughter is at the shore and my husband is in England and I am home alone, feeling lonely.  Pile of kittens next to me (fostering kittens because our lives aren't insane enough as is) and its chilly and rainy here in PA.  Thinking about lighting a fire and opening a bottle of wine.  Last week was my first week back at school in a new position; it was stressful and exhausting and being alone this weekend should feel good but it doesn't. 

I'm lying on the couch with the 5-month-old doberman/shepherd mix that my daughter decided on Wednesday that I needed. I should note that I have 6 cats already, 4 of them under a year old, plus my mom's aging Pom and three more cats outside. Oh, and a perpetually stoned rabbit. But Bella is extremely sweet, and she seems to help my daughter's anxiety-- besides, I need the exercise.

My mom is sulking and won't speak to anyone. I'd much prefer to be in my bedroom, but filial duty requires me to stay in the living room until at least 9 pm. There are many advantages to this living arrangement, but my mother's passive-aggressive bitchiness is not one of them.

Went to the farmers market, Starbucks and lunch with the kids. Took the kids to visit MIL and it's still a broken record folks, same whining, different day. Came home to take care of the dog and cats. Currently procrastinating! Tomorrow we are going to the Renaissance Faire for my daughter's birthday.

Well, it's almost 6 PM here in Northern CA, and it's 108 degrees outside with "chunky" air (extremely bad air quality)....  So, I'm sitting exactly where I've been sitting all day, avoiding the light, trying to stay cool. 

Later tonight, thought, I do have plans:  As soon as the temp falls below 90 (expected at about midnight) I'm going to do all of the chores I didn't do all day. 

And that rain is heading this way into Ontario for tomorrow.  Just got in from a lovely dinner with my neighbors, a really great couple that I went with on Wed night and played...get this....car bingo .  Yup, car bingo here and believe or not we really had a fun time. 

I'll be heading to bed shortly.  A friend died yesterday and I'm going to see his widow tomorrow morning and spend some time with her.

Hugs to all my wids!!

Hey all!

Here we are at another Saturday night. Thankfully the last several Saturday nights I was busy...with family or friends. But tonight I'm sitting home alone and not quite sure what I'm going to do. I just finished dinner so I guess dishes will be next. No new Hallmark movie on tonight so maybe I'll find something on Netflix, play a game of Solitaire, or do some reading. Not very sexy I know, but its been a busy day (did lots of stuff around the house) so I'm actually looking forward to a quiet evening with a Seagram's wine cooler!

What are others up to this evening?

Guest oneoftwo

also here in Northern California

I'm hiding from the heat and the smoke and not much else planned, it is good I've gotten used to being alone and know how to spark up the generator

• 4 weeks later...

Omg, just finished watching the Nintendo World Championships and now back to watching Empire Strikes Back. Various SW movies have been on all day and I've been tuning in and out all day.

Also about to kill my naughty cat who just peed on the couch. He's mad about something but I'm not pleased with him!

Late night dinner of cleaning out the freezer too! Fun widow times here!

Bought donuts and brought them over to my sisters to give to my young nephew and nieces right before dinner time. ;D Then I headed back home for bacon and artichoke pizza while watching an episode of Venture Bros with my son. The evening finished up with several hours of video games in my study.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A chilly fall evening here. Made some polish food for dinner, have my pj's on, doing some prep for beef stew that I'll make tomorrow, and then will settle in to watch tonight's Hallmark movie.  Good thing I've got a DVR because I can't keep up with TWO new Hallmark movies each weekend!!