Sexy Widowed Saturday Night!

MissingSquish

Just got home from the grocery store.  Gonna put on my comfy clothes, make some dinner and then bake some cookies while watching some Hallmark movie on TV. You know the kind...where some lonely person (usually a widow) finds loves by running into Mr Perfect at some random place (he wasn't at the grocery store tonite) and they live happily ever after!  Sigh...

Mark your calendars as this is a Saturday with actual plans! The annual work holiday party is tonight and my special guest flew in to attend with me. I've got butterflies over taking this step with being public , but I tell myself it will be a great night. We shall see...

I hope you and Justin have a great time Jess!

I had a date planned, but ended up canceling.  My 8yo prefers not to stay home in the evenings with her older sisters, and her grandparents weren't available to have her over tonight.  I really needed time to myself.  I'm going to have to work with her so she's comfortable staying home with her sisters.

Two Christmas parties I was invited to.  Supposed to be a judge at an arts competition thing, so I'd already turned them down. But headachey to the extreme, so I bailed on that, too.  So at home with dog.  Napped for a bit, then walked the night with cigar and pooch.

Mostly caught in thoughts.  Today, so many years ago, it was the first time I kissed the last girl I'd kiss.  And she admitted she loved me, despite the boyfriend and all that.  We were engaged within the week.  Then we went on our first date.  She held my hand and told me we'd never have children, and was I okay with that?  I knew about her health from the first kiss.  And back then we were immortal, anyway. 

Maybe we still are.  And I still have her dog.

Best of luck, Jess!  Can't wait to hear about it.

It went great. Everyone was very welcoming and including him in conversation throughout the night. Couldn't ask for anything more. The party itself was a really good time, too!

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped by a friend's house to deliver a meal,  baked goods,  and gift cards.  I had plans to eat dinner with my in-laws afterwards,  so I invited him to go along. He was Phil's best friend from grade school through high school. He's going through a rough time.  Recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma,  work related accident that caused him to have several facial reconstructive surgeries before that, and a divorce.  His wife left after his last reconstructive surgery.  It was a nice visit.

After I took him home I went to the gym.

Two Christmas parties I was invited to.  Supposed to be a judge at an arts competition thing, so I'd already turned them down. But headachey to the extreme, so I bailed on that, too.  So at home with dog.  Napped for a bit, then walked the night with cigar and pooch.

Mostly caught in thoughts.  Today, so many years ago, it was the first time I kissed the last girl I'd kiss.  And she admitted she loved me, despite the boyfriend and all that.  We were engaged within the week.  Then we went on our first date.  She held my hand and told me we'd never have children, and was I okay with that?  I knew about her health from the first kiss.  And back then we were immortal, anyway. 

Maybe we still are.  And I still have her dog.

Peace be with you, your story of better times is a awe striking.

I missed this post because I slept through it,tough lil helliday season on my end.

Wishing you all the best,ToRn

Aw, thanks Torn.  You, too.  I did eventually make a Christmas party on Christmas proper--  but it was a small gathering of close friends.  Dinner and just hanging around.  I find that easier than the big parties.  And if you have one of those grief moments, you're with people who at least are sympathetic, even if they don't really get it (maybe that's a new acronym:  DGIBC--  doesn't get it, but cares)

Best to all of you as we staggering into a new year.

• 1 month later...
Guest TooSoon

Hey Hey!  It's Saturday night!  Who is in their pjs already?  I am!  And I'm looking at a sink full of dishes thinking that it is my right as a widow not to wash dishes on a Saturday night.  I am listening to Father John Misty and trolling the internet instead.  Whoo - hoo!  Bored out of my mind.

No pajamas yet, but I plan to be in bed by 10:00 (it's 9:30 now). I'm winding my day down with another glass of Costco bourbon. I got a lot done today: Went to the optician to adjust 2 pairs of glasses, got my haircut, went to Costco and the supermarket. At home, I washed my (very dirty) ski jacket, then cleaned and waxed my snowblower.

The cat is glad to have me home tonight.

PJs on. Trying to get up the focus to check some schoolwork. Was listening to some songs trying to help my daughter out with a school project which led to me linking to other songs on youtube that brought how much I miss T bubbling up to the surface. I haven't cried like this in a long time. Miss you, Baby!!!

Hugs to you SVS.  Music is such pain and pleasure isn't it?

I've had a day. Backstory:  I run a poky home-based business, and the HOA where we live has been cracking down on such enterprises.  Instead of fighting this, and realizing I'm growing out of working from my garage, I found a warehouse condo in a small complex.  Bought by me, financed by me.  Today was the big move.  My employee arrived at 8 AM with her husband, and my cousin's husband, along with a couple of friends showed up with a truck.  What I thought was going to be a difficult move was made much easier.  The guys moved all the heavy ceramic pots, plants, design table and we set up shelving units and the new office space.  Just as I was thinking about ordering pizza for all my helpers, my aunt (who's been going through chemo but never wants to miss out on the action) drove up with a platter of sandwiches, salads and drinks for everyone.  It does take a village, and I am forever grateful for the one that surrounds me.

We finished, it looks like an actual place of work.  I had a moment while leaving, saying "hey Jeff, look at me!  Look how I'm taking care of our family and how everyone is taking care of us!"

I'm exhausted but happ.  The garage is now a garage, and my son is having a wicked ping pong tournament right now with his friends.  I had a hot tub, changed into my old Morrocan djellaba and my 9 year old combed my hair out while I relaxed by the fire with a glass of wine.  Oldest DD called a few minutes ago wondering how today went and wished she had been here.  There was enough leftover food from lunch so I didn't have to worry about feeding everyone for a change.

Whew.

I have been in bed with my PJs on all day,  binge watching various TV shows on my computer.  Thanks to having a miserable cold,  my nose is runny,  I have a horrible sinus headache,  and I feel yucky.  I must admit,  this is not such a sexy Saturday night for me,  but I. am enjoying the TV shows.

I took my three daughters shopping.  We had a great time until my Jeep overheated and we got stranded in the Target parking lot.  We got a ride home an hour later.  Today I had my Jeep towed to the Chrysler dealership. Hopefully it's minor and won't take to long or cost a lot to repair.

HAVE to post, as it was a Saturday Night that I was, *ahem*, OUT-OF-THE-HOUSE after dark.  :D

Yes, it was a seven-year-old's birthday party, and yes, it was in a local recreation centre, but HOT DAMN, if I didn't have Jelly Belly's, a hot dog AND make a basket, or THREE (haven't played basketball in twenty years).

Said Seven-Year-Old is a groovy kid who wears sequins and Dame Edna glasses to Grade One, so it felt a bit like a social event. And I had these awesome little coconut-covered marshmallow puffy clouds of loveliness that I haven't tasted since I was five.

I think I win this Saturday night, no?

:D

-L.