my friend died today

pms1954

I got word that my friend died this morning peacefully in her sleep. Lori was younger than me. We've known each oher since the late 80's.

we lost contact for awhile, then reconnected on FB. After Jim died in 2008 she reached out and was very kind.

she was always there for me to talk to when I needed to.

Her and her husband had been having some health issues for a while now, but nothing you'd think was life threatening. Then the first part of Dec her husband passed away. I was devestated for her. When I got in touch with her she was in that dazed shock stage. I had been trying for a few weeks to reach her and there was no luck. I was worried so I contacted her daugher, who told me she had been in the hospital since Jan with liver failure. Then this morning she passed.

No where else can I say this next part and not be judged. I feel so bad for her family, her kids and grandkids but she was so lucky to go so soon after Tim.

i

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Although I am young and have my children who would be devastated if anything were to happen to me, I get what you are saying. Very lucky indeed to not have to live too long with the pain of losing your spouse. I often think what if I live to be 80? That's 45 more years here without him, I can't bear the thought of that.

Sending my condolences!

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and for all her family has been and will be dealing with. I understand your thought about her at least avoiding a long life without her husband. Such sadness all around.

Sending you a hug...

PMS, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I had something similar happen, it's been 2 years now. My best friend cared for her husband for a year and a half with bone cancer, then - 6 months later, she died in her sleep. It's so hard. And I definitely understand what you're saying. Hugs, Marsha