Jump to content

Young Widow Forum

Register to view blogs.

Lewis

The new website is up and running!

Recommended Posts

Everything went as planned and the new design is up and running. I hope the advances in this new design will enhance the forum for each of you. Take a look around and let me know if you have questions.

 

Also, check out the site on your mobile devices!

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks, Lewis! Looks nice; now to explore around the "new neighborhood" to check out the functions/options, etc., and try not to get lost!  😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, Lewis!

 

Thank you for all of your work on this website.  I have a couple of questions for you.

1.  How do I hide that I am online?  I prefer not to be visible.

 

2.  I wanted to send you a PM, but apparently, my message inbox is full.  I would prefer not to delete my messages.  Can this capacity be increased?

 

I am sure I will think of more things...I'm trying to get used to the changes and navigating the site.

 

Maureen

Share this post


Link to post

I’ll get you fixed up Maureen. I just have to remember where those settings are :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Wheelerswife said:

Hi, Lewis!

 

Thank you for all of your work on this website.  I have a couple of questions for you.

1.  How do I hide that I am online?  I prefer not to be visible.

 

2.  I wanted to send you a PM, but apparently, my message inbox is full.  I would prefer not to delete my messages.  Can this capacity be increased?

 

I am sure I will think of more things...I'm trying to get used to the changes and navigating the site.

 

Maureen

 

Maureen, please check your email. It should be fixed now.

 

To be anonymous you have to check the box when you login. See the attachment.

 

Let me know what else needs to be corrected!

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 8.45.51 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, Maureen, now it is fixed for real. :) 

Share this post


Link to post

I love the way we have an initial in a circle of color if we don't have a picture that we use. I also love the gentle way a reply is posted- it sort of morphs into the post. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/1/2018 at 11:05 PM, jeudi said:

I love the way we have an initial in a circle of color if we don't have a picture that we use. I also love the gentle way a reply is posted- it sort of morphs into the post. 

 

I agree Jeudi. This platform is much more advanced than the previous setup. I am impressed more as I see more of its options. :) 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks so much for all of your work, I really like the new look. I wish that we had more, if not unlimited time, to edit our posts.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Great job!  Can we modify our posts like we did on the other site?  Not  seeing that option.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, tybec said:

Great job!  Can we modify our posts like we did on the other site?  Not  seeing that option.

 

I'll check the settings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Mac said:

Thanks so much for all of your work, I really like the new look. I wish that we had more, if not unlimited time, to edit our posts.

 

 

I was able to extend the time to edit your posts to 30 minutes. Hope that helps!

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, tybec said:

Great job!  Can we modify our posts like we did on the other site?  Not  seeing that option.

 

There is an edit option. You should see the EDIT link under your post. You have 30 minutes to edit it.

 

1183670717_ScreenShot2018-05-07at4_46_36PM.png.911c8575bb5cca839a4040f3fc5697a3.png

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks, I'm familiar with that. I do think that it would be better to increase that 30 minute timeframe.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Thankyou this seems like a lot of work and I appreciate it.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Any particular reason why we can’t edit a post after the magic 30 minute mark?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.