21 months ago...

...I talked to John over Facetime.  It turns out that was the last time I heard his voice and saw his face.  He died a few hours later in his sleep.  Can it really be 21 months???  Almost 2 years?  Sometimes, it feels like just yesterday.  It was just 5 years ago that I moved to Kansas to begin my life with him.  Here I am without him.  My throat is tight.  My chest just hurts.  I keep getting reminders of the things we did together.  University activities, football games, the community rocket launch and space week, the fresh air and blowing Kansas wind that reminds me of the nights we were camping.  This all really happened, didn't it?  I was really that happy.  I was.

Tonight, just feeling the loss, the emptiness, the disbelief. 

Sigh.

Maureen

Oh Maureen, Big Huge Hugs!!!  2 years, almost...WOW!  No, it doesn't seem possible.  Difficult things take a long time to overcome and learn to live through, impossible things take a little longer.

We all know no words will make it better, just know you are always in my thoughts.  You're amazing, it's okay to to feel like you've been knocked down.  {{{HUGS}}}  I'm so sorry John was taken away from you way too soon! 

Hang in there, hold on to the strengths that John left with you. 

Love ya!

Wheelerswife:

(((HUGS))),  soak in the good memories.  Yes it is true you were happy and able to enjoy your time with your Love.  I hope you can be happy remembering those times and having new happy memories too!

Amor

I was really that happy.  I was.

It feels cruel sometimes to have achieved that pinnacle of happiness only to have it stripped away. But you didn't really lose it; John's love is infused in you forever. I know that doesn't help much right now but that is what I try to remind myself of.

Hugs,

abl