Abitlost

Oh no!  Yikes!  Sounds like maybe that girl who fished you out of the bushes is your best bet for a new ICE, instead of these men!  Glad your ex was kind and concerned.  I hope this doesn't open up a new phase of re-opening the wound.  Breakups are detoxes, and being in contact makes it so hard.  The worst and the best all in one.  I'm sorry NG is such a fool/unconcerned jerk.  Sounds like your assessment of merely using him as a distraction to get over the ex is a good one.  Glad you're not getting attached - he doesn't sound worth it.  DH's advice to people with (certain kinds of) relationship issues: "Next!"  Are you ok???

Guest CastleOnSand

Not quite sure what you're getting at. Do you wish to reconnect ? Sometimes it takes a new pleasant experience to get over feelings we have (had) for someone else. Other times a no contact leads to other paths. It was a nice gesture on his part. Understand about the distraction, but sometimes it's a necessary evil. Other times maybe not so. No one can tell us what's really right. Anyway hope you're feeling better.

The thing is I do think he and I are great together, it's just our families don't blend :( That's what makes this so hard.

. . . ..

Today I'm feeling like NG who didn't even check on me until after 5pm isn't even good for a distraction.

I am very sorry to hear you were injured. Perhaps your head injury has caused your thinking to be, well, confused.

Don't kind yourself - you aren't good for each other if your respective families do not (and will not) blend well. If this is truly the case, you each owe your nuclear families the good sense to break it off permanently. While you each are, of course, individuals, you also have a larger, more important role to play as mother/father to your respective broods. If they are constantly at each other's throats and neither of you can rein in your kids to establish some sense of peace and harmony with the collected group, get out for everyone's sake.

Perhaps NGs lack of checking in on you stems from his identifying and accepting the role you assigned him. Do you honestly believe any good can come from using another as a 'distraction'? People are not 'distractions' - toys and card games are appropriate distractions. To use another as such is uncaring which is uncharacteristic of you.

Good luck - Mike

Guest CastleOnSand

If all the other variables don't add up i.e. blending families, would it not make sense that either something drastic would have to change, which sounds as you write, doubtful, and you would just continue to frustrate each other. It's hard to make assessments from some of what you write, but it seems doubtful, that there's a middle ground. Exes are exes for a reason. Just a perspective.