this phrase hit me hard

donswife

someone sent this to me on Facebook , they were trying to be understanding

but it took me to my knee's

it was :

The saddest moment is when the person who gave you the best memories ,

becomes a memory .

this really set me back , was trying to be a good soldier and get through the second Chistmas without my don

but this made it real and I don't like it

just when you think you can make it through the day, the pain comes back , strong as the day it happened

I saw that no too long ago and wrote it on a slip of paper that's in my desk drawer so I see it once in awhile when I shuffle things around. It is sad in the strongest sense and true.  At the same time it represented a bit of transition as well. I am on my 3rd holidays, definitely better than last year. Still hard, miss and need him more than ever. Yet thinking about moments of our life give me more happiness than pain. The phrase to me sums up when you reach a point that he is not actively a part of your life now, part of your life and always will be, just not in an active way. You don't sound like you are at that point, you may feel different tomorrow or five years from now. Last year I don't know if it would have resonated with me, maybe would have felt kind of offensive.

Max2507 - what you posted now makes sense why this person sent it to me

I knew it wasn't sent maliciously so what you said made it clearer for me

thank you for that

so funny how people can interrpret things with different perspective as to where their lives are

you are right, I still think of don as here

and I hope when that feeling fades I can think of it as a way to start the next part of my life

When I initially read it I was in the throes of grief. I screamed, I cried, Used more expletives than I had in my entire life, threw things all over the house, exhausted myself into sleep.

It took alittle while before I came up with the idea to keep DH alive in my heart and prayers. I've never stopped talking to him - the nice thing is I don't get to hear any of his smartass comments.  ;D