Sexy Widowed NYE

Virgo

What are everyone's plans for this evening? Those of us without plans can party together here!!

I had plans for tonight, but had to reschedule for tomorrow instead. My daughters, and my date's daughter, wanted us to stay home with them this evening. Kids make dating interesting, don't they? :)

Yes Virgo, kids do make dating interesting.  My kids and I are going to a buffet dinner at our church this evening.  There is a gym and volleyball, basketball, and other sports have teams and prizes set up for the kids.  Adults can participate but there is a room for movies, board games, and adult activities.  At midnight we eat again (if I can stay awake) and then its home.  NG offered and I think really wanted to come but we decided on accepting the New Year's Day invite for Bowl Game Party.  So tonight is kid friendly and tomorrow will be adult friendly.

NG's son and wife are returning home tomorrow and I know he will enjoy their last evening together.  Happy New Year and let the New Year begin.

Not even 6:00 pm and I'm in bed watching TV.  My youngest is moping in his room.  I've got nothing planned for dinner because we were supposed to go to a friends house but I backed out because I've been in tears for 24 hours over my oldest.  Puffy and snotty is not so sexy.

Guest nonesuch

meh. New year's Eve is something late Husband referred to as "Amateur Night."  People who don't usually go out do, drink too much, and try to drive home.

Salmon fillets, winter squash, glass of wine with Flavor of the Month.

One year, LH and I had fun.  The city we lived in had a first night celebration;  For the price of a ten dollar pin, you had access to probably a couple hundred performances going on in various venues around the city.  Geographically, it's a small city, too, so we could walk.  These sorts of things generally only last a few years before the sponsoring businesses get tired of putting out huge donations and seeing nothing in return, except the city council making it harder to do business.

ETA:  Yes sir, missed all this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3380899/Where-streets-no-shame-New-Year-revellers-spill-pubs-clubs-night-drunken-excess-Britain.html

I'm certain none of our members are pictured here, and no offense intended toward our neighbors across the pond. I'm sure Americans acted as stupidly, and dressed with less style This was just the first news article I found, and it was refreshing to see a drunk hugging a police cruiser rather than insulting the operator.

Guest nonesuch

meh. New year's Eve is something late Husband referred to as "Amateur Night."  People who don't usually go out do, drink too much, and try to drive home.

Salmon fillets, winter squash, glass of wine with Flavor of the Month.

One year, LH and I had fun.  The city we lived in had a first night celebration;  For the price of a ten dollar pin, you had access to probably a couple hundred performances going on in various venues around the city.  Geographically, it's a small city, too, so we could walk.  These sorts of things generally only last a few years before the sponsoring businesses get tired of putting out huge donations and seeing nothing in return, except the city council making it harder to do business.

I'm heading out to pick up takeout for dinner for the kids and myself. Then we have to go finish carrying out the final remnants of our old house. The sale is final and as of tomorrow, the house will no longer be ours. It is bittersweet, but I know it is the best decision for us right now. Hopefully it won't take too long to finish and then we are just coming home. I'll check back in if I can. Sending hugs to each of you and hoping for 2016 to be a better year.

The kids and I are heading down to Seattle's Pike Place Market to pick up clams and mussels to make our traditional NYE dinner. Mrs. C used to tease that I went all out making NYE dinner so I didn't have to cook the rest of the year. As they grew up, the kids began to help with the meal.

I had a meltdown at the market last year. Eventually I pulled it together for dinner. As awful as 2014 was, I wasn't ready for a year without her. Tonight should go better as I am so looking forward to it being 2016.

My dog hasn't been feeling well the past week, so I'm likely to stay home with him. I'd like to walk to the local French restaurant and have a kir royale to celebrate the new year, but that would mean I'd need to shower (and leave my baby at home). Not likely.

Happy 2016 everyone!

I am already in pj's. My son has 3 friends over to spend the night (he is a senior in high school), my daughter (24) and her boyfriend are here, not going out. We had take out chicken and have a lot of junk food, I probably won't even stay up till midnight.

I am off tomorrow and am picking my dad up at 6:15am to go watch the first sunrise of 2016 over the ocean and then go out to breakfast. He always did this as long as I can remember, always alone as the lone morning person in the family. After my husband died I started going with him. I guess it was a way not to have to face a new year alone. This will be the 3rd new year. It still sucks

Bailed on two invites this afternoon.  Still having difficulty with the holidays--  spent Christmas with friends, but not up for doing the social thing twice.  Figured I'd spend the day at the barn but too bloody windy to ride, just fed my girls and went home.  Walked up the hill and played Frisbee with my dog.  Hey, at least with my pup I know I'll get a New Year's kiss :)

Hmm.. Kids didn't want to me have my annual neighbor party, they really don't hang with a lot of those kids anymore. My kids have some friends over, I'm laying on couch with dogs . In a funk , so this suits me well . However , even though they are teens I feel the need to supervise . Happy new year .