Can't this week just be over???

Wheelerswife

I'm usually pretty good at sucking it up.  This week has just been a doozie.  Monday was the second anniversary of John's death.  Today is his birthday.  In between, I had to go to Houston (MD Anderson Cancer Center) for repeat scans and to see my oncologist.  Fortunately, all of that came out well and there are still no signs of recurring cancer.  But everything this week just frazzled my nerves. 

I decided to go out this afternoon and watch our university's women's basketball team play.  You know...get out of the house, distract myself from sadness and frustration, get my dog out a bit.  But it can't just go smoothly, can it?

I was driving into the half-empty parking lot at the coliseum on campus, sun glaring in my face, and all of a sudden I find myself about to hit another car.  It was at slow speed, probably 15 mph, but still, as I'm cutting across empty parking spaces, I hit this other innocent driver.  I didn't see his vehicle until I was just about in his driver's side door.  Fuck.

Fortunately, we were both fine and the damage isn't that extensive, but still.  I HAVE HAD ENOUGH FOR ONE WEEK!!

Somehow, I held it together and didn't cry.  We called in the claim (small town, same insurance agent, even) and then I went and watched the basketball game.  The best part of the day...our women's team pulled off a come-from-behind win. 

I didn't stay for the men's game.  I just needed some space.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Maureen

Wow!  That's a lot to handle in one week. The anniversary of our loved ones' passing is really the hardest for me, and having to do that and go to Houston for tests/scans must have been extremely difficult.  So glad your scan back clear.....thank heavens for that.

Sending big hugs for a much better week coming up.  You deserve it!

Oh, Maureen....I'm so sorry!  That sucks!  I'm just happy it was at a slow speed and you didn't let it frazzle your nerves. 

You had a lot on your mind and the blazing sun glare wasn't helping!  Glad you are okay and sounds like the other driver handled it well too. 

Hugs! 

So sorry that you have had to endure so much this week. It is during a run like this that you just want to stand up and shout out to the Universe "Really!!???"  Wishing you peaceful days ahead.

I want to add that  It was so great to read about the good results you received in Texas.