Snowstorm

SoVerySad

Our latest weather update here is calling for 2 - 3 feet of snow with high winds. I remember when we had huge snowstorms in the past when my husband was still here, it was so nice to be snowed in and shut off from everything and everyone. Just to be able to snuggle in with each other and the kids felt like a mini-vacation. Oh, how I miss those days. Now I dread the snow storms. Just another reminder of how my life has changed. Sigh...

I hope you all stay safe. Sending warming hugs...

As a displaced east coaster, I'm watching this from the sidelines in Kansas.  I hope y'all don't lose your power and some really nice neighbor with a snowblower takes care of your driveways.  We have under 4 inches of snow here and expect to see the 50's and even the 60's this week.  Now - there's a reason for y'all to come and visit me in Kansas!

Maureen

Quiet here. Not in the storm's path. A dear friend lives in D.C. Been staying in touch via email. She got home from work safely last night and is not scheduled today. I'm relieved that she is not on the roads. Hope all are safe and warm.

I remember when we had huge snowstorms in the past when my husband was still here, it was so nice to be snowed in and shut off from everything and everyone. Just to be able to snuggle in with each other and the kids felt like a mini-vacation. Oh, how I miss those days. Now I dread the snow storms. Just another reminder of how my life has changed. Sigh...

I COULD HAVE WRITTEN THIS. I have been good at staying stoic, staying busy, distracting myself constantly but this storm is doing me in for all the reasons SVS posted. I am succumbing to self pity which I usually can battle. but this sucks. I am grateful though I have a cozy home that brings me comfort, but it hurts to now be sharing it with him anymore. It gave us great pleasure. When he was sick and home on the sofa all the time (he was not a couch potato type, unlike me), I really him telling me "we have such a harmonious household" which was complimentary of our life, our kids, us... again...SIGH. I can't imagine ever finding that kind of contentment again.

Never would have imagined the first snow day would be difficult. All I can think about is how we would spend the snow day together in bed and take our dog on walks in the snow. Spent the whole day in bed and didn't go out into the snow once. My dog's at my mom's since I had to work over 13 hours at the hospital yesterday. Our cat was my only interaction today. Also, today is 5 months since he passed.

Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

my first snow storm was around 4 months and I remember my kids all got invited somewhere and no one even called to make sure I was ok.  My neighbor posted pictures on FB baking cookies with her kids and my son and comments about fun it is to be snowed in together.  She never even thought to invite me over and my son was so worried about me being home alone he called several times.  I cried for hours and have never felt more lonely before that night or since.  It is easier to deal with 2 years later but being snowed in is still a reminder of those cozy days together.