Yeah, so Valentine's Day...

Quixote

It's probably for the best that I'm working that day.  Might buy chocolate and eat it for her.  When she was around, I'd buy her nice stuff (there was a local chocolate shop in town that make their own).  She'd nip at me if I got to close to her when she was eating them.  We picked up a lot of interpersonal mannerisms from our various animals.

How about you guys?  How are you celebrating/surviving the day?

I'm post CH 2 break up so am laying very low. My 5yr old son and I will just hang at home. The year before last I threw a single ladies Valentines Day dinner and it was a blast. Don't feel up to it this year. My husband always did something nice for me on VD- I know the holiday is way over materialized but it's nice to spoil a special someone in an extra special way that day. Sigh

I am on night shift on Saturday, so I will probably be sleeping for part of it, then in the afternoon I'm heading to my youngests hockey game followed by my oldests hockey game in the early evening.

We never really made a big deal over valentines day though, the first couple of years when we were dating and first married he bought me flowers, but for a lot of our relationship he worked away so he was hardly ever home on the actual day. Instead he would just buy me random things on random days, and cards on every occasion even get well cards, I think I miss those the most!

Hoping everyone gets through the day unscathed, I'm just not checking Facebook that day so I don't have to see all the posts about how wonderful all my friends husbands are,lol!

That's it, ain't it?  I mean, I hate to be that bitter guy but seeing all my friends cooing at each other on Facebook is a bit tough. Hell, I bring up my wife and I get *the look*.  You know it:  pity combined with "don't be such a downer, this is supposed to be a happy time".

It is supposed to be very cold here. No Valentine to snuggle with. I told my kids they can invite friends over Sat. night. It makes me happy to see them happy, plus I figured it might give the parents of the kids who are coming time alone on that evening to celebrate. Sigh...

The usual;

The grandkids will stay over and I'll be feeding them all the things their mother insists they are allergic to/can't have.

Make dinner and desert for them and my wife.

My wife will lead the kids and make valentine's cards for their parents and us.

Low-key but tons of fun.

Mike

It's the season premiere of the Walking Dead. I'll be impatiently waiting in front of the TV. Ha! My new guy is spending the weekend with his kids in Myrtle Beach. We just started dating in January, so I'm somewhat relieved we're not going to be together for Valentines day.

Phil and I never celebrated Valentines day after we married.  We felt it was for dating couples.  Once we had a wedding anniversary to celebrate it had no meaning for us. We doted on our daughters on Valentines day instead.

Enjoy, Rob! I'll most likely be working, but I never made a big deal about Valentine's Day to start with. It's just another day for me.

Took my kids out for Valentine's lunch yesterday at Texas Roadhouse, yum. BF came over for a bit last night and we watched movies, but then dd woke up puking at 11 so he went home early. He just texted a sweet Valentine's good morning, but not expecting much else today. It's snowing and BF has been dealing with some health issues and woke up with a migraine this morning. We'll see, but I won't be too disappointed if he doesn't make it over for anything else. I bought little heart candy boxes for each of the kids, I'll try not to eat and of them, lol. Downtown Abbey and a quiet night alone wouldn't be too bad :)

most of the weekend kept busy. wasn't just vday, it was also 1 month that he is gone. Went out to the flea market in the morning with my father in law, then for lunch with my mom. I did scratch off some lottery tickets for my sweetheart, he loved those things.That all ended at about 3pm, i laid down and passed out and didnt wake up until it was time for work today.

My mom visited this weekend, so my BF came over for dinner and they met. It was he and DD's second meeting; they played a little bit and she seemed very comfortable with him. We spent a bit of time after DD went to bed visiting with my mom, then went to his place. It was very nice.

I have been sick for the last few weeks, and so has New Guy. This means I am not only late in responding to this thread, but I also spent Valentines' Day alone. The two of us met briefly to exchange cards and small gifts a few days later, but were both still feeling so poorly that we decided to just make it a short visit and nothing more. As far as Valentines' Days go, I can honestly say I have experienced far more romantic ones in the past.