NYC April 12, 2015!

Jen

Guest TooSoon

I am a maybe but it will depend on whether or not I can keep on top of grading my endless stream of papers and tests.  I might be able to cajole one or two others as well. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a maybe but it will depend on whether or not I can keep on top of grading my endless stream of papers and tests.  I might be able to cajole one or two others as well.

Bring them with the answer key and we can all bang them out over lunch!  ;)

Guest TooSoon

That would be sweet, mangomom.  I briefly dated two men at once (one became my late Scott) but I had them both grading my papers; it was a seriously awesome operation.  I'm going to look into the morning times for the Tenement Museum (the place where adp and I had our first "date," awwww).  If anyone might want to join me let me know.  It is super fascinating especially if you have family that came through Ellis Island ( what can I say, I am a history teacher). 

I would be interested. I'm coming from Union County. Bus or train are both options for me.

I'll check with Jenni, as we're traveling together. First we'll need to know where the hell Union County is.

I'm in ocean county , I could meet you guys somewhere and we all could go in ? Union county is very north I think?

After some discussion, we're thinking Secaucus is the logical solution. Michael and I are staying in Newark, and planned to take the train into the city. Forgive my geographical ignorance-- I had to consult Google Maps-- but it looks like Union County is right next door, maybe a half hour drive? Ocean County looks to be further out, but if you're up to it, we could decide on a time and meet at Secaucus Junction, then catch the train and head to our rendezvous.

Bless his sweet heart, Michael has volunteered to drive if necessary, but this just seems easier than trying to deal with parking and all that fun stuff. Whatcha think?

26 days and counting! :) (And, oh, yes, I am counting!!)

One day I'm actually going to have spare money to attend this sort of thing!

Texarkana. Or closer your way, if you prefer-- there's just not much between DFW and the Arkansas line. ;) We'll make it happen.

A clarification about driving: I've heard from so many wids who had become used to being chauffeured and feel somewhat paralyzed now that they have to drive by themselves in scary places. This is understood - in fact, it's SO understood that, for the purpose of this bago, Jen and I are prepared to act as a sort of shuttle. If you're willing to work with us, we're willing to come get you; we'll get you to Secaucus Junction, park my humble little vehicle, and take the train into the city. The train is 8 bucks for round trip and takes about 12 minutes. From Penn Station in NYC, we cab it to the bago. After the bago, we reverse the process and get you back in one piece. Babysitting is still your problem; I'm not a bloody day care.

The bottom line is "no wid left behind" - if you can get within, say, 20 miles of Secaucus, we'll get you to the bago and back. You may want to let us know as soon as you can so we know if we'll have to get a van or something. Please come join us; bagos change everything.

Secaucus is good for me. The train I take stops there on way into city.  If anyone wants to come to my house and travel with me....let me know. Fyi...I am exit 135 off Pkwy. It's a Jersey thing...lol

[glow=red,2,300]YES[/glow]:

Gabzmom

Just Jen

K-REBat

LisaPop

Mangomom

Michael797

MissingSquish

[shadow=red,left]MAYBE:[/shadow]

Bluemoon15

mom66

Momtojandj (I know it?s scary.  You can do this)

rifatheroffour (Contemplation)

tmwenger

TooSoon (Top Grade)

[/color]

I can do secaucus ! It's about 1 hour 20 minutes, but very direct. Let me time we are meeting there to take train in , and I will be there . All I need is where in Secaucus also, and maybe we can exchange cells to locate each other. Thanks ..so I'm now a definite !