Well.... I'll admit we're still light-years above hate radio. But the simple fact is that only TWO voices have committed to the project. So unless lc and Jenni are going to carry the whole song, we need some sort of recruitment drive. Anyone have any ideas about that?

This sounds like a job for - MARKETING! Sally, you still around?

Horay, one big followerfellowwid just finally and thank Godedly made it onto this sparkling new board and just want to say 'hi' and send a belated hug to you Michael for the sad day and hope you pulled through kind-of-ok-ishly...??

Anyway, see you in Europe I hear!!!

I wanted to contribute to the song, but I think I cannot make a Bowie song sound anything but really really bad....but as always, may be persuaded to do foolish things...

keep RH going, it is needed  :)

Hugs Michael. I hope you made it through your sadiversary okay and still intact. I didn't find out about it till today . I wish I would have read sooner we could have double whammied it up with my birthday and your sadiversary day and kicked its sorry butt! Hope your okay and I am so happy to see that RH is still here! Still my favorite station!

Big hugs, Cyndi

Well.... I'll admit we're still light-years above hate radio. But the simple fact is that only TWO voices have committed to the project. So unless lc and Jenni are going to carry the whole song, we need some sort of recruitment drive. Anyone have any ideas about that?

Hi Michael, 

Belated Big Hugs for your  8 month sadiversary.

I have not been too active here lately as I was finishing up a course.

I didn't mean to intentionally ignore your new project. My voice in no way comes close to the other lovely ladies and thought I would leave it to them to  make the song  sound amazing.

I am still tuning in to the station for your wise words.

I'm around.. what can I do for you boss man?

We need suckers... er, volunteers for the song. I'd love to get as many people as possible to just say one line in the chorus - "We can be heroes." Maybe you can do some posts in the other forums or something. Whatever we can get. You can point them to the link with directions for recording. I'm motivated by lcoxwell's and Carey's statements that "At least you're doing something." That meant a lot to hear that; if something works, then something will be done!

I have been down with a string of migraines, and now my butt/hip hurts from having to get shots to make them go away. (TMI?) Needless to say, I have been sitting in a dark, quiet room  with ice packs on my head, rather than practicing my part. I found it did help to have another person's voice to listen to, as I was coming up with my submission on our last song.  Having someone to harmonize with helped me to sound a little less like a countrified hick.  With that being said, if one of you could send me Jen's version, I would greatly appreciate it, and so would your ears.

With that being said, if one of you could send me Jen's version, I would greatly appreciate it, and so would your ears.

Your wish is granted (well, soon); watch your email this weekend. Deepest sympathies to your brain and your butt - and the rest of you as well.

Just in case anyone stumbles into here on the way to someplace better - here's a short list called "What's the Point of Going to a Bago?" (in case you were wondering):

1. Let's face it, there really IS no other point to being a widow.

2. Very few tears are shed, although there's nothing wrong with shedding some if you want to.

3. For a few hours, you're in the "wid-ness protection program" and nothing can possibly hurt you while you're there.

4. Being among friendly people, even if you didn't know them before, becomes really attractive to you again.

5. The only thing you might get judged on is what you like on your pizza - and even that's pretty unlikely.

6. You don't get dumb stares from anyone about anything.

7. It's guaranteed newbie-friendly.

8. It's the break that you deserve.

Deepest gratitude to the NYC wids for their company - cya again soon!

I LOVE Radio Hell!  It can't go off the air.  I even printed out the list of "you know you're a widow" and read it to my co-workers.  You made me laugh when I wanted to cry.

Now, if I could just sing a tune ...

• 2 weeks later...

Darn, Michael, my neighbour came over shouting rudely because the about 10 children I had invited for dinner, including moms, made a  hell of a racket, but I believe that is totally legal between 6 and 8 pm, imagine what will happen if I start recording 'Heroes', my voice just does not do itso well...but I will try to give it a try. I say, I will try, I will try I am trying. Heroes, I just whisper it right now to avoid the showdown across the lawn....aaargh