I'm an aunt!

Jen

My sister had her first baby yesterday. She's 39 years old, never been pregnant before this, thought she never could be, so this little guy is a surprise and a miracle. She had a beautiful birth, and I'm getting to take care of them today-- paid to snuggle my sweet nephew, lol! He's precious, and I've only had a few pangs... Jim and I tried for 4 years to get pregnant, but we were never able to. Still, I've been a little surprised that I don't feel... worse. I'm grateful, though! This has definitely been a bit of sunshine in a life that had gotten far to grey and miserable.

Congrats Aunt Jen.  Enjoy your snuggles with your nephew.  You deserve lots of happiness and love in your life.  Sunshine is truly beautiful and comes in many ways and you got yours today!  Sending health and happiness to you and your family.

I've been a little surprised that I don't feel... worse. I'm grateful, though! This has definitely been a bit of sunshine in a life that had gotten far to grey and miserable.

This is the best thing.  Congratulations, auntie!  I'm so happy for you, for him and maybe even more, for what you said ^^^^  Awesome.

There is nothing in this world more heart mending than that intoxicating new baby smell. Snuggle away with the little guy, Jen, enjoy the new life joining this world. May this baby bring many many joyful moments to you and your sister!