Good news

Portside

My youngest son called to let me know he graduated first in his class at his Naval missile training school today with honors. He also received a letter of commendation from the Officer in Charge of the school. He is pretty pleased with himself. He has not received hard orders yet but, as far as he knows, will report to a brand new guided missile destroyer at some point soon.

This pleases me immensely as he will no longer be doing hostile boardings onto smuggler's or enemy ships. (as far as I know).

Our kids have been through the wringer but they can be resilient as hell with our help and guidance.

Apparently the Navy trusts him to work on multi-million dollar missiles but I still worry when he asks to borrow the car when he is home on leave. Go figure.

Best wishes - Mike

tomahawks.jpg.a48e22710feae58f15443b63b8182509.jpg

Guest April

That's awesome!! Congratulations!!! Can certainly relate to not letting them borrow the car!! 😂 They will always be babies to us!!

Ahhhh, some of these offspring do well either because of their parenting, or in spite of their parenting!  LOL

Congratulations to your son for a job well done, congratulations to you for being so proud of him.