2 1/2 years

It is hard to believe that 2 1/2 years ago, my wonderful polarbear went to sleep after a Facetime conversation with me...and he never woke up.  I wasn't home.  In fact, I was on the east coast to visit family and friends and attend a bago. 

Polarbear was one of us.  I met him through YWBB, the precursor to this site.  We just clicked, the two of us, and we dove head first into a new life together.  I'm so glad I didn't waste a single moment of that time together.  Sometimes, I still can't believe that all of this happened. 

Today, my heart breaks again as I think about John and that life as I knew it with him.  He was such a beautiful man.  It was my privilege to have his love for the last 3 years, 9 months and 22 days of his life.  I had never been so happy.

Maureen

John_in_Beijing_n.thumb.jpg.091a587c747466b8dd87a5e002008b14.jpg

Guest TooSoon

Sending you so much love.  I wish I could have met him but feel like I know him through you.  Thank you for being so strong; you have helped me stay strong more times than I can count.  Love you! 

I keep trying to think of how to articulate the feelings I have when I read about him in your words, and about losing him, after already having gone through so much....  And I never can.  Thinking of you and sending love and admiration.

Tight hugs Maureen. I know how long you had together and am amazed at what you packed in! I see the photos and hear the stories on Facebook and think "they lived three lifetimes in their short time together." And yet, you should have had so much more, my friend.