What do you invision when you think of your spouse?

piecesofapart

Wondering what you all envision when you think of your spouse.

The first year- I would see him in my mind and want to hug him so tightly.

The second year- I moved onto hugging him more gently and resting my head on his chest-he was much taller so- it was right over his heart.

This third year- when I think of him I want to put my hands out and hold his and pull him close and kiss him.

I am getting close to five yrs.  I started dating 7 months ago and love NG.  It has changed, then.  I see DH's big body rocking as he has his hearty laugh, slapping his knee.  He was the class clown in high school, voted Mr. mischievous.  I see him grinning from ear to ear at our son's accomplishments.  But he isn't "mine" anymore.  I had to let go to love another.  It saddens me but had to happen for me to reopen my heart.  Never thought it could change.....

This probably sounds a bit crazy but I sometimes envision him standing off in the distance, just looking at me with his huge, infectious smile. He used to pick me up at the train station as we were broke and shared a car and sometimes when I get off the same train (alone) I will myself to see him standing there, same smile.

Guest TooSoon

I think of him laughing.  He was eccentric and wacky but wildly and very often inappropriately funny.  Even people who didn't get him had to laugh with him because it was infectious and irresistible.  I will also always think of the way he looked when he talked about our daughter - it was embarrassing, really, how unafraid he was to let the world know he thought she was the greatest little creature that ever lived and at the same time enough to make me weak in the knees to watch those two kindred spirits together - they were two peas in a pod for sure. 

No sadness here - it was all wonderful until it wasn't.  No regrets.  Hugs everyone.