Dating someone with the same name?

Virgo

Would you, or have you, dated someone with the same name as your late spouse? A friend of mine mentioned setting me up with a friend of his. His name is Phil. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It could be that we won't even go out, but it made me wonder if this has happened to any of you.

Heck yes. I did it and never gave it a thought.

But, I must say, I normally call all women close to me (sisters, cousins, GFs when I had them, SD, DIL, long term dear friends and wife) "Honey" so as to reduce mistakes - my instant recall isn't as instant as it once was.

Only have had a few errors at work and no one freaked out about it.  :o

Good luck - Mike

I dated another Michelle - she went by Shelly, so it would have been a little odd, but fine.  Last month, it was also a little weird dating a Rebecca (a daughter's name) - though she goes by Becky and my daughter uses Becca a lot.

Take care,

Rob T

I did  , Dh's name was Michael, but I mostly called him Mike.

New guy was also Michael....I mostly called him Michael...on  purpose.

The other thing I did was unlike portside I changed my terms of endearment..on purpose.

DH was sweetie, NG was cutie..........I may have to reconsider this as NG is now ex-NG and there's still alot of Mikes out there. And really after sweetie and cutie have been used up, I don't know where to go with the next term of endearment...I guess honey might do  ;):D

Yes is the answer - although it admittedly felt strange at first. Especially saying their name when talking to them.

So....when I first started dating (a few months in), I dated a guy with the same name as my husband and I was rather smitten with this guy. I thought (no judgement here lol) that it was a "sign" that I met another guy with the same name and I had quite the crush on him and for the first time in months and months I felt happy in someone else's company. Long story short....the guy turned out to be a big jerk (lying about age and other things) so my "sign" disappeared. After that, I was much more realistic about the name thing  - i.e. it would just be a coincidence and tried to disassociate the name. Funnily enough, I am currently dating someone whose middle name is the same as my husband's first name. Its now comforting in a way...and hopefully a better sign.