I need positive thoughts/prayers for Friday

HvnBound

Hey all,

I just finished chatting with two lovely ladies in chat and the thought hit me that I really need positive vibes and or prayers for Friday. I have a guy coming over on Friday at 11am CST to look over my house and to make me a cash offer.

If my home was located just 10 miles south, I would be able to sell it for $250K instead of hoping for $75K if it was updated, primed and painted.

My home needs to be brought up to code. It has aluminum wiring and in some spots in this house it has copper connections. How do I know that? Because it is evident when you look behind the plates covering the connections. There has been 4 small fires downstairs, that is why the light bulbs are removed in the living room area downstairs. In 2011 DH had an inspector and an electrician walk through this house, the electrician quoted us $2800.00 to bring it up to code. Why didn't we do it then? We had the money!

If I get low balled on Friday then I will have to purchase chemical erasers, to clean the smoke off of the walls, then prime and paint this house. I will still have to sell as is unless I finally get a decent job paying more money, which if I do then I will bring it up to code.

I am really hoping for any and all prayers, to whoever you believe in and for those that do not believe, I just ask for positive thoughts to get at least $50K. This would be totally life changing for me. I will no longer be in the house where he died in. This would be monumental for me. I have always hated this town and this state, except for the two wonderful senior widows I know in IL.

Thank you all!

definitely sending prayers your way ... if He still hears me.  Positive thoughts and lots of well wishes of course. I understand that feeling. I had to find a house I could stand for $69,000 when Chad died and even then $100 the wrong direction had the potential to make or break the deal. Hope it all goes well for you.

Update. No offer today. He said he has to run comps (why didn't he do that before?) and explained that the smoke remediation will cost some money and that he will tell me his ballpark figures next week. He also said there are companies in my area that buy in my town and they might offer me more, so now the waiting game.

I am disappointed because I wanted an offer today but hopefully the comps will work in my favor. Thank you all for your good wishes!

Update - I called the guy today and he said he still has not run the comps and will get back to me tomorrow. I just reviewed my finances and think I will even accept $40K. I just want out of here so bad!  I figured out how much I have to spend each month for bills and it is time to go.

Tonight I had to work at the stadium and all of my friends and my guy went out to a battle of the bands show and I missed out, I am tired of missing out on things because I am stuck here and work at a low paying job. If I can sell my house for at least $40K then no worries about money for a while and I would no longer be 100% responsible for all bills in this big ole house. This place is still overwhelming to me and I am done.

Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers - hopefully tomorrow is the day!

• 2 weeks later...

Update - spoke to the buyer today and he admitted that he had no clue about what to offer me since the prices of homes in this area vary widely. He is more familiar with homes in the St Louis area, not for homes in IL. He was involved in a car accident and just got back to work this week. He said he would contact another company that buys homes in my town and will have them contact me. (I sort of knew he would not make an offer)

I posted on a Facebook yard sale page about the we buy houses people and actually got a lead on a realtor who works with different home investors and we spoke today. She said she will call me in the morning to discuss exactly what I am needing. One of the tips I got was that I could actually sell it as is on my own with a realtor's help. I just want $40-50 and I will move, if the electrical was brought up to code and it was primed/painted, I could get about $75K.

I am just so frustrated. I will try to remain patient but it is so hard. I just want an offer and then a check and I can move from here, sorry to keep talking about this but it is the one thing holding me back. If I can leave here then I can get a better job because I will be one hour west of here where jobs are plentiful. I plan on moving in with my guy (plans have changed) so that means sharing costs of a home instead of handling it all on my own. Thanks for listening to me vent!